How much?

Caveat emptor! I'm sure it is legal - although dreadfully dishonest. I would hope that anybody buying an ukulele - or anything else - would check prices from various sources.

I don't see anything dishonest about it. If you want it right now, his asking price is right there in plain view. If you want it for less, you can make an offer which may or may not be accepted.

Now, whether 450 quid is a reasonable asking price for what he's selling is another story entirely.

--Mark

Even £45 is a bit over the top and then with postage of £15 too.
I bought the exact uke (only red) and case a year or so back for £20 new from a music shop in Nottingham.

Still I guess anyone spending £450 on a uke should have a reasonable idea of what they are buying!

He also has another uke (english made, vintage) listed at £1450

A quick google search shows the same uke at a dreadfully low price, and one of his questions:

Q: 450 pounds!!! Are you quite sure? How much did you buy the Mahalo for? Dream on - no one will take you seriously. I am tempted to report you for wrong description.
A: i dont understand why you would report me, and wrongfully at that. the description is accurate and thats why i have put best offer on the auction. im sorry you feel that way but if you are not interested then please do not

I didn't get the end part I don't have an ebay account lol.

I believe it's either he typo'ed which I can't believe he would after he answered that question. Or he's trying to make a quick buck or few hundred. I believe it's the latter.

The full answer reads:

A: i dont understand why you would report me, and wrongfully at that. the description is accurate and thats why i have put best offer on the auction. im sorry you feel that way but if you are not interested then please do not bid. its up to the seller what price they put on their items!

--Mark

Top Bottom