So say i'm looking for a new uke

ainokeato

Reaction score
lol Well not actually looking right at this moment but for future thoughts, would would be the uke you would choose who had these pre-requisites:

1.) Budget between 200 to 300 dollars less than 300 is preferable.
2.) Tenor sized cutaway or not either one.
3.) Not a beginner uke somewhere between intermediate to advanced.
4.) Has to be durable, not like drop it multiple times from moderately high heights, but if it falls two feet up off the ground it isn't going to get a huge crack in it.
5.) Nice mellow tone, don't get me wrong I love the bright sound of the ukulele, but the reason I went tenor is because I love how mellow it can sound, near guitar, but keeping the ukulele flavor to it.
6.) It has to be pretty with at least a gloss finish, by pretty I mean the woodgrain matches and overall it looks pretty nice.
7.) It has to be Acoustic, I don't like the way eleukes look lol that's just me plus I don't have an amp with me all the time. It can be Acoustic/Electric, but does not have to be.
8.) I have to have geared tuners it's a must.
9.) Can't be mainland, lol don't get me wrong I <3 my mainland tenor but I wanted to give other companies a try.

What do you think? Are you up for the challenge?

Kala KA-STE from MGM?

Kala KA-STE from MGM?

I was really on the fence about that one before I bought the Mahogany uke. That KA-STE is pretty, but I never understood that ad, is it solid wood all over or laminated sides and back solid top?

I have nothing to base this recommendation on other than maybe seeing one video and thinking it's one of the coolest looking things out there. The Kala f-hole acoustic electric tenor. Should give you some of the features you seek.

pono tenor on flea market music

Top Bottom