UU player directory??

jer989

Reaction score
Seems like having an on-site UU player directory would be a nice thing for everyone to have access to. Something like what's over at fleamarketmusic.com maybe. Maybe just a database with your UU username, name, general location, and maybe whether or not you are interested in getting in touch with others to play together, or finding someone local to you that gives classes or lessons?

It'd be really nice to be able to see if there are other players are in your area as well as if anyone is willing to give lessons or wants to form a group. I personally have found that finding uke-minded people in my area isn't easy (we don't have a club or group locally) - and it seems like you're leaving it up to chance to run into people locally on UU through posts or what not.

any thoughts?

Thanks!
:cheers:

The idea crossed my mind awhile back. I was gonna sift through the members list and try to categorize by state, country, etc. Problem with that is info on the member's profile is minimal. With the amount of members we have, that will take forever. At Fleamarket Music, the listing is generated and cateorized when a new account is created. Anyway, that's my observation. I'll throw it up for discussion and see what happens.

I guess my thought was that it would be up to each active member listing themselves in the directory. Maybe a site-wide reminder or global PM to all members to just go and fill it out if they were interested in participating? Maybe you could also just make it part of the user profile, but allow it to be indexed or searchable....
I mean, if you're active on UU forums, then you'll probably take the time to fill it out if you are indeed interested in letting other UU'ers know that you're out there. I think it would murder (for yourself or any other UU staff member) to try to glean all the appropriate info. from peoples profile - and I'm guessing some people would maybe want to opt out anyways - not to mention there's probably many accounts that aren't active.

Top Bottom