PDA

View Full Version : Arg, Thinline UAS!

fivetide
11-26-2009, 05:37 AM
I was only buying some new Aquilas, but it looked so small, cute and lonely... :)

Anyone else have one of these in standard, or am I reckless pioneer? :o

jinny
11-26-2009, 07:06 AM
they are pretty nice. a few of us UU'ers already have 'em. They are amazingly loud for their size/thinness. nice and bright with the Aquilas that MGM sells 'em with. I switched to Worth Clears and Blackline LowG to tone down the brightness a little, but it was still a great sounding uke with the Aquila Nylguts.
they are a fantastic value and great conversation starter... although, I suppose, walking around with ANY ukulele would get people talking. it's just a tiny bit easier with these.

JCUK
11-26-2009, 07:08 AM
I'm very tempted to get one of these, especially since someone said they saw them in Macaris in London, which is just down the road from where I work. I doubt I can hold out much longer ... :)

ukantor
11-26-2009, 08:29 AM
A friend of mine bought A Kala slimline soprano, and as soon as I played it, I had to have one. Now three more of my buddies have them. They are great.

John C.

fivetide
11-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Well for about 80 with setup, Aquilas and a bag, it just seemed a nice toy to buy, and I was placing an order aaanyway...

...hahhaha - I've nearly convinced myself I was right!

I'm going to learn and play some Christmas songs on it and share the love :D

Landshark
11-26-2009, 09:51 AM
I bought one a couple of weeks ago to take with me when I travel.
Very nice, great price, sounds pretty good