Hello from the UK

casarole45

Reaction score
Hi there, I've been looking for somewhere to share and view ukulele music. I found this place looking at facemeltingukulele on youtube, playing a beautiful rendition of Hendrix's 'Little Wing'. Although after signing up I don't think I can actually upload vids here it still seems like a great friendly place with some really interesting Threads.

I play an Ohana SK-35G Soprano at the mo and am waiting for a Kala Tenor Acacia though its up to 130 days wait and I've not actually heard one outside the world of youtube... unfortunately uke shops are few and far between here and when you do find a stockest they never have what you want to try.

Anyway nice to meet everyone, if you fancy checking any of my stuff on youtube search for casarole45 (note the miss-spelling).

Talk soon!

hiya and Welcome, from another Brit.
Where are you in the UK, there are a few good shops I've found so far.
all the best
Dave

Ignore my total ignorance and stupidity it is an age thing, I just noticed you are from Cornwall.

sorry

hey

hehe yep from Cornwall, the only shop I've found down here is in Totnes called The Exchange, though I was a bit disapointed to find a whole wall covered in cheap Mahalo uke's of various colours, though I guess thats their money spinners. They did have some cool stuff mind you like 6 strings and banjo ukes, but nothing that ripped my wallet out of my... well lets be honest, my wifes pocket :) .... was worth checking out though, seems a pretty cool shop with all sorts of instruments, and I did buy a Vibraphone which sounds awesome!

Are there any good shops up near you as my brother lives up that way and could have an explore on my next visit up.

Do my eyes decieve or is that a Les Paul style uke on your profile pic, do you own it?

Last edited:
Hi annauk

Thanks for the invite to UK.lele. I'm just checking out your youtube vids... there great! love the videos you've done and great voice! You'll have to send me an invite to your youtube channel, as I've only just really looked into joining channels/adding people etc on tube.

kent

oh I forgot to say, Kent is my birth place :D Isle of sheppey I believe. My dad was a docky. Though I don't really remember it as we moved when I was two.. does that make me Kentish or not?

Southerners Rule ha ha

Yes, I think we can call you Kentish :D ha ha. Excellent.

The South rises again...

Your YouTube channel is pretty cool. You could put the link in your signature same as I've done. That would send people straight there rather than having to search.

Hello from another UK member. You'll like it here -- people are very friendly (and fun). :)

hehe yep from Cornwall, the only shop I've found down here is in Totnes called The Exchange, though I was a bit disapointed to find a whole wall covered in cheap Mahalo uke's of various colours, though I guess thats their money spinners. They did have some cool stuff mind you like 6 strings and banjo ukes, but nothing that ripped my wallet out of my... well lets be honest, my wifes pocket :) .... was worth checking out though, seems a pretty cool shop with all sorts of instruments, and I did buy a Vibraphone which sounds awesome!

Are there any good shops up near you as my brother lives up that way and could have an explore on my next visit up.

Do my eyes decieve or is that a Les Paul style uke on your profile pic, do you own it?

We have the southern Ukulele store in Bournemouth which may be worth a try.
Sorry to say that it is not a uke, it is in fact a Les Paul R9, I must replace that pic with some Ukes this weekend

I wouldn't recommend the Flying V, other than as a wall hanger -- that was my first uke, a present from a friend, and it sounds so bad it nearly put me off ukes for life. (It does look cute though.) :)

Welcome mate.

I spend a fair bit of time in Cornwall. My wife is from St Austell, and her mum and brother still live there.

I know we have a few Cornish members - tickle_pants is one.

Just saw your 'Fields of Athenry' vid. :cool: I play a lot of Irish and Scottish music - mostly on mandolin, fiddle and tin whistle. Always good to hear the old songs.

Hope you enjoy yourself here. :)

R9 is pretty cool I went the other way and got an SG... the one that Les Paul ripped his name off because he hated it :rolleyes:. ooo I'll check out the uke store in bournmouth... its always fun for a day trip :)

Yeah I'm not sure if I'm a fan of Mahalo ukes, but I guess there are players out there who can make them sing... not me though.

hey buddhuu, st austell is just up the road from me, have travelled through it thousands of times with longboards strapped to the roof. Yeh Irish/scottish music is great fun espicially with plenty of kegs, I had a kayleigh band for my wedding and it was a riot!

Last edited:
Top Bottom