Wallet-size/pocket chord chart

jer989

Reaction score
I've only been playing for about 6 months, and occasionally find myself (usually somewhere around my house) playing and suddenly unable to remember a certain chord - so I figured I'd make a little chord chart that I could stick in my wallet. So I did - and wanted to share it with anyone else here who could use it (if you've been playing for awhile I'm sure you know all the chords I've included on it).

I did it from scratch, and I did check it against a few other chord charts, so I believe it's accurate, but if anyone notices any mistakes please let me know and I'll fix it and re-post it. I was also thinking of doing one with all of the scales, and chord progressions, etc.

Download the PDF from the link below, print it out, cut it out (in one piece though) and fold it in the middle - should be the size of a credit card (my home printer isn't working, so I can't verify it right now!) Any suggestions, etc. are welcome.

The updated version 2 PDF can be downloaded here.

enjoy!
:cheers:

(here's what it looks like)

Last edited:
Handy chord chart, Thanks for making it and posting for us

Very nice! If I could offer one small suggestion: You won't see too many instances where you'll need a Db chord; much more often you'll need a C# chord. Yes, they're the same thing under different names, and that's not hard to remember, but I think there's room for both names above the chord diagram, and it'd make it that much easier to use. Likewise for D#, F#, G#, and A#, of course. Or if putting both names makes too much clutter, use the more common name: C#, Eb, F#, G#, Bb.

Awesome! I really like this, I'm going to print one for myself when I go back to school on Monday. Just a question, what are the little Grey circles in the chart? Thanks, again and Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

I have seen Ian's amazingly compact chord chart- it's a great chart and must have taken a ton of time to put together (mine took longer than I care to mention and my chart is far less comprehensive!)

I also wasn't sure on whether or not to label chords as, say, C#/Db. I'll probably change it so the labels are like that (it'd also probably be less confusing if you are just getting accustomed to or learning about music). Thanks Doctroid for the suggestion.

Oh, and the gray circles are (to the best of my knowledge) optional, or alternate ways to play that chord. That is, you always play the black dots, but can also press on the gray dots in addition to the black dots.

very nice and useful chart for beginners like me. thanks for posting

Top Bottom