10 things I've Learned in my 7 days of ownership

joehempel

Reaction score
I've now owned the Hilo Ukulele 2658 for 7 days now, and here's what I've learned in no particular order:

V8_0021.jpg

1. There is another pronunciation that I wasn't aware of...most likely, that's the correct one.

2. The Ukulele doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg to sound great!

3. Hard shell cases are more expensive than entry level Ukes.

4. I want one of each type of Ukulele :drool:

5. Transferring from guitar to Uke is pretty easy

6. I've had the line "I've got a little Ukulele let me sing you a song" from George Strait's River of Love song stuck in my head for a week :p

7. The sound puts a smile on my face :cool:

8. It has gone everywhere with me

9. Since it was fairly cheap, I've learned how to make adjustments to the saddle, change strings, and file frets to get a wonderful sound to sound better and make it easier to play

10. There's a ukulele community that is more than willing to help with anything!

Now with all that being said, it's a Christmas gift from my parents to me, so today I have to give it to them to put away for a month

What am I going to do for a month?! Oh I know, maybe finish my classical/fingerstyle Cd that's due by mid-December....oh yeah,

11...ADDICTION CAN BE GOOD LOL

When I was first married to my sweet wife she bought me a baritone uke, made by Hilo. The neck was so twisted that it was unplayable. I already had many ukuleles over the years but at that time I had no baritones lying around. So, I bought a Lanikai bari to replace the bum Hilo. I have a couple nice baritones at the moment. My favorite was my vintage Harmony that seems to have disappeared at my brother's home years ago and nobody seems to know what happened to it... not that they are looking.

I hope you have limitless joy with your Hilo.

The whole setup for the Uke, Case and string was $106. But it sounds really good now, can't wait to play it again for christmas

That is one cool looking little uke!

I like the 3 puka's in the sound board.

It's a killer, ain't it? And I have never seen a ukulele like yours before, so thanks a lot!

LOL, yeah it is...so after christmas...Tenor..I really want the Oscar Schmidt Spalted Mango...or something like that...but I think I may have to get a lower end one first. Or maybe an Oscar Schmidt OU5...I really like that concert. And it's pretty inexpensive. Decisions decisions.

Right now, I'm going through withdraw, after one day...LOL I don't get it back until christmas. A quote from my wife "Now you can stop obsessing over it, it hasn't left your site since you've bought it"

So I can't wait to get back to recording more videos of it and butchering great songs with my humiliating vocals :D:D

But in the meantime I'm working on something with the guitar, and this is what happens when you have kids and try to record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMryeMBrPzY

Top Bottom