So who else likes to name inanimate objects?

The Pinneapple Pirate

Reaction score
Yeah not sure if this thread has already been made or not but I was curious. how many of you name your ukes?

I named my kiwi uke Olive.

Hah! When my Aquisition Syndrome was running more toward sewing machines I had a thread like this going on on an appropriate bulletin board.

Most of the names so far either have to do with the brand name, or the wood.
Spruce Goose
Mitchy
Schmidty
Willow

Yep, I named all three of my ukuleles (Leilani, Waimea and Pele). I also always name my cars too. I'm currently driving Heidi (named because it is a German car and the white color is like blonde hair...so hence Heidi Klum is her namesake).

My cars (especially the trucks) have all had names, the motorcycles and bicycles have names, but less than half the ukes have names. Some of them just refuse to tell me.

I named my old F150 "Tex" because he was originally sold in Texas. When years later I finally really looked at the VIN, it started out something like "1FDTEX", and I was speechless. Which is very unusual for me. ;)

My new Kanile'a probably has a name, but she apparently doesn't deem me worthy of knowing it at the moment. :rolleyes:

Two Kanile'as: Betty (the concert) because she is so beautiful (She's a betty!) and Junior (the soprano) because of his size. Both names leapt out at me within a minute of opening them.

I'm another sad one

I have Buster, Rascal and Polly

Buster is a mango Kala Soprano
Rascal is a flame Maple Soprano and Polly is a Mainland Concert Gloss Mahogany

Must be something wrong with me... I don't name things.

Must be something wrong with me... I don't name things.

I'm not one for naming things just to name them. I usually have some sort of epiphany or I stumble across something that just strikes a bell. My Honeybee Soprano was pretty simple but that's because it sounds so sweet (...like honey ;))

My Lanikai Pineapple is named after Lana'i aka "The Pineapple Island" and the name goes well with Lanikai.

I got the idea for "Loretta," my Mainland Slotted head, that is on it's way to my house, from HankTheTank. Since it comes from Nashville (IN, not TN) I liked the idea of giving it a nice "honky-tonk" name. Loretta is just a beautiful name and I feel like it will match the uke perfectly.

I call my OU-5 "Sesame" for obvious reasons. I also just like the name "Sesame," it's got an interesting ring to it IMO.

I remember reading a book about the Findhorn Community, they named all their vehicles, tractors and alot of other things. I think the just of the theory was that if you named something you'd take better care of it.

My old truck was "Billy Red Ranger", or just "Billy Red" for short.My current truck is named "Carabaou" which is Thai for a big water buffalo.

I have a soprano named "Buster" because the neck was broken off and there are 5 good cracks in the body, and I have a piece of round toothpick backing up the saddle. Still sounds great, it's a Favilla. Wilbury is the traveling CB concert uke. Honey is the golden colored vintage Kamaka concert. Tink is the little c. 1930 Harmony. The Kanile'a is "The Kanile'a".

So that was Findhorn? I had heard that about naming objects like work vehicles for the reason of taking better care of them. I name my pcs too, all after rogue computers, except for Ripley, my latest, after the Aliens character who dealt with a rogue computer. Before that the pc I had was Bishop, so it was a logical progression, and the character Bishop really ended up being a good "guy", and so was that desktop.

Top Bottom