Any good Ukulele music shop in Sydney?

manuelzz

Reaction score
Hi people,

I am international student studying in sydney. Still pretty new to this place, am thinking of upgrading my ukulele, does anyone know of any good music shop in Sydney that sells a wide variety of ukulele. And is cole clark ukulele really that good? Thank you for the advice people!!!

Guitar Factory in Gladesville is about the best. If you want a decent one though you'll have to order it on the net. The best they have is cheap Lanikais and Mahalo's
Hope this helps:)

im in Sydney to and i have done a little bit of searching and all i came up with was the shop in Gladesville

http://www.guitarfactory.net/default.htm

thats there website, i bought my stand, mahalo, tuner and some book from there a while back.. and a gig bag for the mahalo.

Looking at the site once again... it isn't a good ukulele shop and i actually haven't heard of seen any of those before, except the lanikais.

hope it helps :S or just google. ukulele stores in Sydney

Thanxxx

Hey tommia and ukulelesreggae!

Thank you for the reply. Yeah i heard of that shop too in gladesville. hmmm seems like there aren't any decent shops selling ukulele in Sydney ah? Actually i am just a beginner trying to pick up ukulele. I am currently using a "souvenir" ukulele from Cebu (bought on a holiday trip), thinking of changing to a better and proper one. Do you guys have any good recommendation for a starter like me?

Hey, we are not in Sydney, but we do sell heaps of ukes down there! I am Gaby from Music City in Cairns, you will find quite a few of our ukes on eBay, but I have more in the shop and new ones coming in all the time. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. Music City is a real shop in the CBD of Cairns (since 1974) and we offer a return policy.

You will find some happy customers of ours here on the forum too. Check out our listings and feedback to get an idea. Got heaps of ukes coming in this month, more than ever, so keep your eyes peeled!

I will not bag any brands, but bear in mind that Cole Clark is a guitar builder... and the basic model is $599! (that's more than a Hawaiian made all solid koa uke would be - we stock these too, for less than the CC).

Give us a call if you want to talk uke (after midday, I am not really a morning person :D) 07 40516826.

Last edited:
Re: cole clark as guitar builder. I think many of the uke builders in early 20th century were guitar makers too--Martin certainly built guitars before they built ukes. (I have a cole clark and I love it. I hear Cole Clark build great guitars too).

I'm on the outskirts of Sydney.

Have bought two great ukes from the Gladesville Guitar Factory

Make sure when you visit, you ask to see, and make sure you play, any Jim Williams ukes (local uke maker - Sanctuary Point, NSW South Coast) they have in stock

Have fun!

idno if this will help but theeres this shop in the blacktown area (close to parramatta) called Bambam. they'll have to order it for you but you will get good advice and it seems like they are very experienced

Hi Guys,

Didnt want to start a new thread since Im still a noob and since this is something similar to what Im looking for, I thought Id try ...

Ive been searching for a nice uke and dont really want to spend more than $250. Ive been to the Guitar Factory store in Parramatta and liked their uke's there and have also seen Music City's uke's on Ebay and loved them too but my sis who knows nothing about ukes is going over to Hawaii next week and Ive been told she can pick a nice one up@the Swap Meet@Aloha Stadium.

My question is, shall I just buy something here in Sydney (from one of the above stores) or get my sis to get me one from the swap meet in HI ? I just dont want her to get conned into buyin something no good.

Hi Guys,

Didnt want to start a new thread since Im still a noob and since this is something similar to what Im looking for, I thought Id try ...

Ive been searching for a nice uke and dont really want to spend more than $250. Ive been to the Guitar Factory store in Parramatta and liked their uke's there and have also seen Music City's uke's on Ebay and loved them too but my sis who knows nothing about ukes is going over to Hawaii next week and Ive been told she can pick a nice one up@the Swap Meet@Aloha Stadium.

My question is, shall I just buy something here in Sydney (from one of the above stores) or get my sis to get me one from the swap meet in HI ? I just dont want her to get conned into buyin something no good.
If she'll be in Hawai'i, have her see MGM. You could probably set up something by giving him a call.

Hi Guys,

MGM would be a great source but he isn't at swap meet. THere was a booth that carried NICE ukuleles. He mainly had solid wood mangos and koa and his ukes doid not sound bad. He was in your price reange as well. I started a thread about the ukulele b/c i had never heard of his company before. Here is the link http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14763

Last edited:
Thanks Kanaka916 and haolejohn ! I will look into this.

Much appreicated.

Ukulele shop in Sydney

www.ukulelesonline.com.au is a part of Eric's Guitar and PA and has a great range of Ukuleles from the cheaper Lanikai and Kala to $500.00 plus exotics and Martins.

You can also find them at www.erics.com.au or 18 Livingstone Rd Petersham 0414 356 083.

I know of quite a few Uke clubs that shop there and he does great deals.

:D

Top Bottom