The seemingly interminable wait...

euchre

Reaction score
for Brown to deliver my Mainland mahogany soprano my wife is giving me for Hanukwanzmas (no reference to Glenn Beck implied or intended). It shipped yesterday and is scheduled to arrive no later than Wed.

I get to check it out, photograph it, and mebbe play it a bit before it gets packed up and wrapped til the 25th. Another, much longer wait!!

tom

Last edited:
Hanukwanzmas....

I love it! :D

Something. . . can't quite put my finger on it. . . leads me to believe that Mr. Beck's little ditty was not meant in anything remotely close to something even vaguely resembling a generous spirit. . .

. . . then again, maybe it's just me. . .

if its any consolation

i've been waiting five weeks (with at least another 4) for my koaloha longneck just to get built.

maybe i'll see it somewhere around 2011...

Something. . . can't quite put my finger on it. . . leads me to believe that Mr. Beck's little ditty was not meant in anything remotely close to something even vaguely resembling a generous spirit. . .

. . . then again, maybe it's just me. . .

No, it's not just you. The point was picking at the idea of a merging of all the various holidays into one "inclusive" holiday which ends up excluding all of the various sects involved.

In the 1960s people observed "Christmas" in the USA because we were mostly a "Christian Nation" by populace. We also had a lot of Jewish people that observed their holidays. Kwanza was not on the map (and was actually a recent creation) and nobody observed any Islamic holidays. Our holidays have their roots in Western Europe. To abandon our old traditional holidays in favor of an all inclusive holiday is a very recent way of thinking. That was Beck's thought on it.

I may not always agree with Glenn Beck, or any other political pundit, but I agree that traditional holidays add a lot to our identity and culture. Of course, the same holds true of other enthicities and cultures.

I know its a killer to wait but wait until you get your hand on it the first time, Ah that feeling.

In the 1960s people observed "Christmas" in the USA because. . .

Y'know what, It's ALL good. We are a nation of immigrants from other nations christian and otherwise. I think that every different ethnic group on this planet has some sort of holiday aimed at putting aside differences and thinking about something bigger than ourselves in the hope that we'll all be better for the experience. It'd actually be nice if we all did that at the same time and, if we did it long enough, perhaps we'd see that we're all pretty much the same and we could spend our time doing things way more productive than squabbling about who's boss is the bossiest boss of all bosses.

As for Mr. Beck, I was wrong to have even started. This is a respectable forum about contributing something of beauty to society that ANYONE can join in.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the pictures. Who cares what the holidays are called. i celebrate one and could careless about the others b/c I don't celebrate them. That is your choice but I hate that we try to blend them all together b/c they aren't all the same. Each one should either be celebrated or not according to ones own choice.

I have an ukulele that shipped last Monday and would have arrived last Thursday, but due to Thanksgiving, it's been 20 miles from my house for the past 4 days and won't arrive until this Tuesday.

I have an ukulele that shipped last Monday and would have arrived last Thursday, but due to Thanksgiving, it's been 20 miles from my house for the past 4 days and won't arrive until this Tuesday.

Go pick it up:) I did that once. With my sceptre. i went to the post office and I tracked my mailman down. I wasn't waiting a weekend for that thing. And i didn't:)

Top Bottom