Black Friday/Christmas

Zaza The Rebel

Reaction score
Did anybody go out and take advantage of music store deals yesterday? I did...and I am very happy with my purchase!

Yes, yes, it's a Mitchell. But there was a 15% discount, and it is my first actual uke! Hurrah! Sadly I can only play it late at night when the little kids are in bed (and by little kids I mean my siblings!), but after Christmas it is mine to play whenever I want!

Also, what are your Christmas wishes? I'm sure there are plenty...after all, we are a ukulele forum. :D

Attachments

• 14246_1083511427789_1826470329_163348_6324804_n.jpg
    14246_1083511427789_1826470329_163348_6324804_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 67
Cool uke! Great pic! Congratulations. :)

Tell the little kids that Santa's always nicest to kids who go to bed early, and then enjoy! :D

Very cool. I can only play my my little kids go to bed. You will progress very quickly if you play every waking hour I have learned. Congrat's to you.

Which Mitchell is that? I have the MU-100, which I think is a sweetheart. Looks like you've got one of those too.
When you do a string upgrade, the Ko'olau Golds are exquisite on the Mitchell.
Enjoy!

I took advantage of the 15% off Guitar Center shin-dig. Picked up a nice little Planet Waves guitar strap for my uke. Gotta love pickups that also serve as strap buttons. Mainland is the shiz. My new Mainland will be here on Wednesday, can't wait to toss the strap on that bad boy as well. This time with a Mi-Si pickup and slotted head concert. :drool:

Looks like you are one lucky and happy young lady. Congratulations on your new Uke
Doug

Congratulations on your first new uke, it's a beauty. :)

I stayed far, far away from any mall or store, all Friday. :p

But congrats on the uke! Yaaaaay!!!!

JJ

Congrats on your new uke. Nice abalone details too! Have fun playing. It's so much fun, maybe even more so when done on the sly. Just think how amazed they all will be when you bring it out a month from now, and you can play something already!

–Lori

Thank you everyone. I am enjoying it quite a bit already, and snuck it out of the house for a few hours so I could go play it (and show it off!).

It is the MU100, and I'm very satisfied with it. Despite a few negative reviews, it has a nice weight to it, and it hasn't gone more than half a step out of tune since I first stretched and tuned. And of course the laminate koa and abalone details are pretty to look at! :p

Ukestang, the uke is $180. The MU70, which has a spruce top, is $100, I think. I thought I was going to have to settle for the spruce, but they were sold out, so I was able to take home my lovely new MU100.

Still haven't named her yet, though. I'm just waiting for it to come to me...

Last edited:
Top Bottom