Dreaming about ukeing

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Do any of you ever have dreams about seeing or playing ukuleles?
A few nights ago I had a dream that I was teaching someone else to play, but when I went to strum, I had two broken strings and the other two were loose and useless. I remember being a little distressed about this in my dream. It's probably a statement from my subconscious about my perception of my (lack of) playing ability.
Last night I dreamed that one of my students (I'm a high school teacher) had a small hardshell case on his desk - I got excited and asked if he had a ukulele in there. He said he did, opened the case, and revealed a ukulele of a kind that could only exist in a dream world; it was sort of spherical with lots of little sound holes scattered about its body. It looked well used but in a beautiful, worn in way. I told him it was pretty cool, and then the dream ended.

So what are your uke dreams about?

So far, this uke thing a new passion. But I dream I'm changing strings.
Which surprises me. I'm more inclined to dream about finding objects of desire at yard sales etc.

I actually just had a uke dream last night! I had ukes floating all in front of and around me. I was switching back and forth between playing each one. They were all kinds and made of koa or mahogany. Then I turned around and my concert Sceptre (that is in the mail and one its way to my door) was there and glowing in its case. It also had lights shinning on it. It was an awesome dream!! The Sceptre should be arriving tomorrow!!! :D

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! I dream about ukes often usually at least once per night, and often about buying a uke at a really great price. I recently was in for a minor surgical proceedure and while coming out of the anesthesia I could have sworn I was discussing "K" brands with the staff. My wife got a real kick out of that one!

I had a dream about a Tangi Manini I used to have...it was in terrible shape in the dream. Glad someone (Cynde) is taking better care of it than I did in that dream!

Top Bottom