Aloha from East Lansing

Ledhand75

UU+
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while. Time to become a more active member of this great website.

I've been playing Ukulele for about three months now, and absolutely love it. I am particularly stoked at the moment, having just returned from a week in Hawaii, where I had the opportunity to attend the Ukulele Guild of Hawaii Exhibition. I met some wonderfully inspiring folks there.

We are very fortunate to have an enthusiastically active Ukulele group here in Lansing, hosted by the wonderful Stan Werbin, owner of Elderly Instruments. We meet one Saturday each month, and have a Yahoo user's group for L.A.U.G.H. (Lansing Area Ukulele Group), if you're interested.

I've played Classical Guitar for the past 25 years or so, but an old Football injury has caused some numbness in my left hand. I'm delighted to find how much more manageable the Uke is for me. I have a lot to learn, and really appreciate the online resources, particularly in these forums. I look forward to speaking with you all more regularly.

Welcome to UU!! I too am a fellow Michigander. I hope to make it up to your neck of the woods for a LAUGH meetup in the near future.

WELCOME to ukuleleunderground!!!:D

Thanks KP. I hope that you can make it sometime. I believe that some of our members come from Clare, about the same distance as St. Joseph.

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for the welcome, and for the lovely bit of inspiration. When I was in Hawaii, I had the distinct privilege of meeting Mr. Kimo Hussey. Kimo spoke of the importance of kanikapila, which I understood as the spiritual aspect of people coming together as a community, for the purpose of making music. That really struck a chord with me, so to speak. Your quote resonates in the same way.

Thanks KP. I hope that you can make it sometime. I believe that some of our members come from Clare, about the same distance as St. Joseph.

St. Joseph would be further. 85 miles from Clare, 123 miles from St. Joseph. So says Google. :D

Welcome to UU, by the way. I'm in Lansing.

Welcome! It must be getting cold out there!

Post some picks of your guild visit and you'll have tons of new friends here!;)

Thanks Ronnie. Yeah pictures would be great. I'm still kicking myself over the fact that I lugged my Nikon Digital SLR to Hawaii, and didn't want to drag it along with me to the two days I spent at UGH. Of course, if you're all dissapointed, I'll tell my wife that we can only fix that by going back with the camera next year ;-).

Fellow LAUGH member

Hi Led, I am also a LAUGH member, I drive down from Big Rapids. But I am lucky, I stay with my sister for the weekend. :) I won't be to December's meeting due to family Christmas party. But January's meeting should be fun!

Drive from Big Rapids

Hi Led, I am also a LAUGH member, I drive down from Big Rapids. But I am lucky, I stay with my sister for the weekend. :) I won't be to December's meeting due to family Christmas party. But January's meeting should be fun!

Wow, that's commitment. I recognize you from your You Tube videos. I'll say hi at the next meeting. Enjoy your holidays!

Welcome to UU! :)

Hi Gerald,

I'm enjoying your latest CD. I recently had the pleasure of meeting Kimo Hussey at the UGH exhibition in Honolulu. He was very interested in coming to Michigan, in the hopes of putting on a multi-day seminar for our LAUGH group. He's a wonderful teacher. He mentioned that he knew you, and spoke highly of you. I'm sorry that I missed the chance to meet you at our last meeting.

Also, Dominator, thanks for the welcome. Your website has been a great help and inspiration to me. I understand that I might have missed my chance to meet you at UGH as well.

Top Bottom