Attachments?

itsme

Reaction score
I noticed that the file size for attachments here is limited to 19.5K, with the exception of jpg and zip files which can be 97.7K.

Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip

Could the limit, at least for pdf files, be bumped up some? I think one would be hard pressed to even get a bmp or psd file down to less than 20K.

+1 especially on PDFs. I keep a lot of my tabs and chords as pdf files and being able to upload them (and download others) would be great

Can we please revisit this issue? Here's another thread where someone couldn't upload a PDF because of the size limit.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?26799-Tab-Request-Here-Comes-the-Bride

rayan, unless things have changed drastically in vBulletin4, you'd just need to go into the Admin Control Panel, scroll down to Attachments on the left frame, then hit Attachment Manager and then the edit button on the far right for each file format. Max Filesize (in bytes) is right below Extension near the top.

You could just host them elsewhere and post the link. Keeps the storage and clean-up off of the UU server.

You could just host them elsewhere and post the link. Keeps the storage and clean-up off of the UU server.
Yes, you could just host them somewhere. But UU does allow almost 100K per jpg image so why can't the same be allowed for a PDF tab file, which would likeley be posted less often than jpgs? It doesn't require any more "storage and clean-up" than allowing jpgs.

Top Bottom