Anyone have thoughts about the new Riptide Ukes?

Faricelli

Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting the deluxe concert model. It is about 400 bones at MGM. I am looking for a decent electrified uke. I like the idea of the sound hole on the riptides being off set. This would probably help to eliminate some feed back. I just don't know if I like the looks. I might just install a pick up in my Koaloha.

I have been thinking about getting the deluxe concert model. It is about 400 bones at MGM. I am looking for a decent electrified uke. I like the idea of the sound hole on the riptides being off set. This would probably help to eliminate some feed back. I just don't know if I like the looks. I might just install a pick up in my Koaloha.

The riptides are laminates right? Or is that the Nalus? They look good but installing a pick-up in the KoAloha is cheaper and you would then have a better uke than the riptide.

I can't get past the looks on the Riptides. Especially putting the word Riptide right under the strings. Ick.

I like the placement of the sound hole... and the one on the side. At least in theory, more soundboard is available to vibrate. Its a good theory. Other than that, I have no opinion yet on Boulder Creek's Ukulele.

I like the sound hole idea, both front and side. Not crazy about the logo on the soundboard, but it isn't a deal breaker if I loved everything else. I am not a big fan of amp controls on the side of ukuleles, and these knobs look more clunky than others I have seen. It would be interesting to hear what they sound like.
:2cents:
–Lori

I would like to have the top end model with the solid mahogany top and that pickup-preamp system with the built-in tuner.

They are only made for righties so that eliminates those for me.

As soon as UkeRepublic gets them in he is calling me to let me test drive them. Once that happens I'll post my initial thoughts. I am intrigued by the soundhole idea.

That thing looks pretty interesting...but then again I've always been drawn to the things that are just a bit different. If I had the cash I might have bought one.

I can't get past the looks on the Riptides. Especially putting the word Riptide right under the strings. Ick.

I agree, I wanted to hold off until Mike (UkeRepublic) got the butter cream tenors in, but the more I looked at them, I really didnt like the Riptide logo being all flashy, right behind the strings. Some may like, it just wasnt my thing.

I also wasn't very impressed by the sound of the spruce top that MGM had a video of. I just looked and he posted a new vid 2 days ago of a mahogany, which admittedly has a much nicer sound (IMO) but I am still happy that I went ahead and ordered my Mainland instead of waiting around for one of these.

Top Bottom