Ya sure you betcha! from western Minnesota

Doug W

Reaction score
Greetings all,

Somewhere around 48 years ago my parents bought me a banjo uke for Christmas when I was 9. If I had consistently practiced, I would be really incredible now but I got sidetracked along the way.

I also play guitar and mandolin but somehow I am always drawn back to the uke. Now maybe I'll buckle down and get crazy with it.

I have bought ukes for all 4 of my children and 75% of them have taken the bait and at least know the basics.

Regards,
Doug

Hi, I think that's great that your encouraging your kids to play music!

Last edited:
Welcome Doug. Another mandolin mangler here! :D

Welcome to UU! You betcha! Minnesoooota. :D

I'm getting my kids ukes for Christmas this year...I'm hoping for at least a 50% success rate (2 kids).

Welcome to UU! At last we have someone who will understand Sukie when she talks.

The jealousy displayed by Baby Carrots and Salukulady is really quite something. Can we help it that we have such charming accents?

Welcome to UU from St. Paul, MN.
--G

Hello everyone. Lots of Minnesotans out there. We moved out to the western prairie almost 5 years ago. Left Nordeast Minneapolis (The Hub of the Universe), to come out here and commute through the cornfields.

Luckily this area seems to have a high ratio of musicians, though not that many uke players except the few kids we have given uke lessons to.

Adios for now

If any of you folks in Minnesota find yourself in the Minneapolis downtown area on a Tuesday night, you can come and hang with the Twin Cities Ukulele Orchestra. Just let me or Sukie know and we'll clue you in.

There's also StrumMn which happens a couple times a month and is always glad to have new faces. (and is very beginner friendly. You'll pick up a lot in a couple hours for sure...)

Top Bottom