Aloha from Kaneohe!

VixDee

Reaction score
Aloha everyone! I've been lurking for a couple of months and decided to take the leap and join the community. I am a wife and mother living in Kaneohe, Oahu.

I have always wanted to learn the ukulele, but never got around to it. Well, I'm FINALLY doing it. Why now? Well, we have a special needs daughter who attends a local kindergarten with a great Kupuna Program. Her teachers tell us that our daughter just LIGHTS UP when Kupuna brings out her ukulele to play for the kids. That did it for me - I decided to get serious and learn to play the ukulele for her.

I visited musicguymic's shop in Kaneohe and started my journey about two months ago. What I discovered was that I really love it - playing, learning, and the challenge of getting better every day.

So, I've lurked around in your wonderful forum for two months and now have decided to join the ranks.

Thanks for having me!

E Komo Mai! We hope you find what you need, if not, pop the question. Eh, great to you aboard.

Welcome welcome welcome. Glad you decided to take the leap :D

That sounds like great inspiration to pick up a uke. :)

And enjoy the addiction. Once you uke, you cant rebuke :D

Welcome to safe haven for all things uke! There are more than quite a few friendly folks here with lots of good information. Enjoy the journey on which you have embarked. It is filled with joy, wonder, challenges, and ultimately it enriches not only our lives, but that of those around us.

Aloha, welcome to UU. This is a great site to start your journey.

I know that ukulele players get together at the Kaneohe Shopping Center. I don't have details, but I'll find out.

You are in a beautiful place, I don't mind the rain.

Great intro post and welcome!
I hope you will find lots of inspiration and useful info here to make your ukulele journey even more pleasant. No doubt your daughter will applaud any new technique, riff, rhythm, or melody you pick up ;) ("Oh no, not 'Aura Lee' again...")

Ukulele playing moms are the best. Or at least in heavy competition with ukulele playing dads for coolness :nana:

What a great way to start the uke! I'm glad you are finding that you love the uke for yourself as well as having a great way to bring joy to your child!

E komo mai, aloha from the Kaneohe (Castle) rivals next door the He'e Nalu Kailua Surf-Riders. While growing up spent most week ends in Kaneohe Bay my dad keeping his boat at He'eia Kea. I have a special needs sons who is now 20 years old and he is wonderful with an IQ WAY above most. You're doing a great job with your daughter, and she will make you even more proud than you already are each day. A hui hou, Ahnko.

what a wonderful reason to start playing :) if there's anything you need help with then be sure to ask

Welcome to the party! :)

Top Bottom