Beatles on Uke in Brooklyn

I guess I just don't get it. Why does Yoko Ono (and why did Warren Buffet) need someone to donate proceeds of a benefit to them?

He's got more money than most of us can imagine, and she's no pauper, either.

Beatles music on uke I understand. The other part, not so much....

Is this for real,looks like a blast. Would like to know if legit before I pass along.
Thanks

I guess I just don't get it. Why does Yoko Ono (and why did Warren Buffet) need someone to donate proceeds of a benefit to them?

He's got more money than most of us can imagine, and she's no pauper, either.

Beatles music on uke I understand. The other part, not so much....

The whole Yoko Ono and Warren Buffet thing are tongue in cheek... Really just an excuse to jam Beatles songs all day on the uke. Warren Buffet is an avid uke player which is why they picked him last year. check out the mini documentary video on their website - it's pretty funny.

Either way - sounds like a lot of fun. And anyone who shows up an hour early with their uke gets in for free. They going to kick off the whole day with two beatles songs from the 'uke mob' that shows up at 11 AM :eek:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2j4GWk0ur0

Here's the video - check it out. pretty funny - and they actually get to give the money to Warren Buffet at the end (who of course is going to use it for charity)...

although - I don't like that they picked Yoko Ono this year... Warren Buffet is a likable guy. Yoko Ono makes my skin crawl! And she'll probably keep the money to add to her weird sunglasses collection ;o)

wow! He really is the man! And I love that he went in person to give them lessons!

Anyway - my buddy and I are going to this event - so if anyone is attending - drop me a line. Be nice to grab a beer with a fellow underground uker!

Hey Greg USA, gives a full report, that looks like a fun time. By the way, have you ever seen one of my favourite bands, the Blue Meanies from Brooklyn and NJ? They play at Abbey Road on The River every year.

You got it Ukestang - I'll definitely let you guys know how it went. Never seen that band before - I'll have to check em out if they come around...

Brooklyn

Who's going? I'm a headin' up from Philadelphia for the event - can't imagine I'll stay till the bitter end ! I'll be bringin the pink mahalo and probably sportin' a blue hat and tons of curly black hair ! I read they are expecting near 3000 attendees LOL. Sounds like huge fun!

Best,
Jen Ford

Thanks Greg, you are all killing me, I would love to go. Please post pics, vids and reviews. Might have to plan a trip next year.

HA! I dates a girl that lived down the block from there. Maybe I should go knock on her door asking for my books and cds back >:0

Top Bottom