Hey There!

Big_Fred

Reaction score
I just wanted to say Hello. I have just recently rediscovered my love of the Ukulele. I have found this site to be a great resource.

I am proud to say I bought my first Ukulele for around 30 dollars directly from the Kamaka factory back in the early seventies. I grew up on Oahu; This was an elementary school field trip. Sadly, I do not have that one anymore.

We were out out vacation last year (sharing childhood memories with my wife and kids) and I came across a local luthier at the aloha swap meet. He had a pair of Koa tenors which we bought both for a discount price. One for myself and one for sister. I took the one with blue bindings. Awesome sound and playability. Edmund Bacani EBB "Nice Ukulele" was his brand. I see some other UU'ers have some of his ukes. Pics later.

Welcome to UU! Nice story you've got there. It's always cool to hear how members were originally drawn to the Uke. Can't wait for the pictures. Maybe even a video? :eek:

Oh, and lucky... I wish I could go on a field trip to the Kamaka factory. ahaha. That'd be one expensive field trip for our school though, coming all the way from the Northeast Mainland.

Yo Fred. Welcome to UU! :D

E Komo Mai to the Underground! So which school you went?

Ah, the Hawaii question.

Lanikai Elementary (field trip)

Where you wen 'grad?

I was blessed to attend Punahou, grades 4-12.

4149884513_4378040c0a_b.jpg

Nice Ukulele Tenor, Solid Spalted Koa, Kala Red strings.

4149884519_180ae39a4c_b.jpg

According to Ed, ground up and reconstituted pool ball mixed with epoxy as the binding.

Ah, the Hawaii question.

Lanikai Elementary (field trip)

Where you wen 'grad?

I was blessed to attend Punahou, grades 4-12.
Aw right, brah! FHS too long ago fo mention. Befo dat, Likelike Elementary and den Kalakaua. Stay livin up hea on da mainland afta I got out of da service. 808 is still home. Get enuff locals up hea and we kanikapila on Fridays at Hawaiian Style Grill, stay owned by couple a local boys. And yea, dey wen grad FHS. Eh, brah I talk to you on da boards. If get question, no shame, send one PM.

Top Bottom