Little jam Session at the local Bucks(Star type)

haolejohn

Reaction score
I've been a little bummed lately not sure why but I get a phone call today from UkeRepublic. He called and asked if I was still at work (which I was). Anyways he informed me that he was coming to Hiram to cheer me up. Well DBeal was sitting in my classroom trying to tune one of my makala dolphins not realizing that the Mele double puka was sitting in the front by the dry erase board (I think Dbeal wanted to play one of the KoAlohas) b/c he doesn't come down to the fifth grade hall very much (he's a kindergarten teacher). Anyways UkeRepublic let me know that he had an extra ukulele for DBeal. We go to the Bucks and begin tpo have a small A.D.D. Jam Session. UkeRepublic brought along a Kala Acacia and a Pono Delux mahghany back and sides spruce top A/E Tenor and the famous Pineapple Wall Hangers for your Uke ($25). Well i got me one of those wall hangers and can't wait b/c there are some more sesigns to come that I am excited about. Joe makes these wall hangers and they are awesome. We played some Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker Band, Hank Jr., and Buffet along with some AC/DC and some of my worship music. It was a great time. No coffee thrown at us, and we even got some interested looks (at least that is what I thought they were). One of the StarBucks employees even expressed interest in getting a uke eventually. Here are some Pics.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
That sounds like a lot of fun. Glad to see you had a good time.:)

hey johnny,
I ordered a couple of the pineapple hangers too. Mike told me last week that as soon as he got them from Joe, he would be shippin' em to me. He told me on Saturday that he got them in. They should have been shipped out today. So excited to get em, and so excited to see what other designs he comes up with.

I suggested an old VW Beetle. I had a 73 Beetle as my first car and I miss it dearly (it's back in VA at my parents house :()

Anyway, sounds like a sweet jam sesh you guys had at Papa Bucks. Wish I lived nearby to jam with ya!

BTW All the ukes in this thread except the double Puka are for sale at www.ukerepublic.com That pono has an outstanding price tag on it. I'd buy it if I had the money.
The wall hangers are going fast. There will only be 50 made (solid oak). The future designs are more exciting IMO.

hey johnny,
I ordered a couple of the pineapple hangers too. Mike told me last week that as soon as he got them from Joe, he would be shippin' em to me. He told me on Saturday that he got them in. They should have been shipped out today. So excited to get em, and so excited to see what other designs he comes up with.

I suggested an old VW Beetle. I had a 73 Beetle as my first car and I miss it dearly (it's back in VA at my parents house :()

Anyway, sounds like a sweet jam sesh you guys had at Papa Bucks. Wish I lived nearby to jam with ya!

You've heard of musical chairs right? Well we played musical ukes:) Mike did talk me out of selling my Mele even though I would have used the funds gained to buy a uke from him:p)

You've heard of musical chairs right? Well we played musical ukes:) Mike did talk me out of selling my Mele even though I would have used the funds gained to buy a uke from him:p)

That sounds like fun!! Music ukes haha. I definitely wish I could do that. I really want to try a Mele and an Ohana. I get my new Mainland on Wednesday (my gator case comes tomorrow though!!); Mike gave me the HaoleJohn special :D

That sounds like fun!! Music ukes haha. I definitely wish I could do that. I really want to try a Mele and an Ohana. I get my new Mainland on Wednesday (my gator case comes tomorrow though!!); Mike gave me the HaoleJohn special :D

Yeah!!!:) Now I just need to get him to put me on payroll:)

Umm, hello? Where was my phone call? :D

It's OK, you know I'm sick and you didn't want to make me feel any worse, I understand. Looks like you guys had a great time!

If there had of been more of a heads up. Me and mike are almost neighbors and Chris (Dbeal works with me). I was going to make a video for youtube, Had my costume all picked out and everything but Mike knew I was bummed out so he called and told me to meet him in hiram.

cool stuff john! nothing like a little jam to help kick a case of the blues!

Top Bottom