surf tenor fluke

i have a Tenor fluke. it's a great ukulele, and i play it everyday. the Surf comes with a walnut neck (nice), and a rosewood fretboard (as opposed to the standard plastic).
plus the design is from The Tiki King.
buy it!

just my $0.02

I think they sound great, but are a bit pricey, especially considering the quality of traditional style uke you can get for the same dollar. But if your preference is the fluke style, rage on because that's a pretty nice one to get! I have more of a base-model fluke, and I darn sure wouldn't give it up.

Have fun!

I think they sound great, but are a bit pricey, especially considering the quality of traditional style uke you can get for the same dollar...

agreed, you could get a really good sounding import for about the same price...the Flukes have a certain funkyness to them...

also, the price of a "plain" tenor Fluke w/rosewood 'board is $290. an extra $20 for the walnut neck and cool Tiki King design ain't bad.

i like the untraditional sound to them, i thin the whole idea of the fluke makes me want to play it, it seems more fun to sit and play an unusual uke wih a good design and a cherpy sound rather than a traditional uke, but i think thats just because i really dont know much about ukuleles and the fluke seems to be a well know popular brand

then you'll be very pleased, as those are some of the reasons I chose the fluke for my first. That was several years ago, and I still play it almost every day and really enjoy it.

So what are ya waitin' for ?????

i like the untraditional sound to them, i thin the whole idea of the fluke makes me want to play it, it seems more fun to sit and play an unusual uke wih a good design and a cherpy sound rather than a traditional uke, but i think thats just because i really dont know much about ukuleles and the fluke seems to be a well know popular brand

You should think about cigar box ukes, then, too.

I loved my tenor surf Fluke. And it's now got a good home with someone who really makes it sing. If you like that sound, then I don't swing with the "it's too expensive" crowd, because it isn't. :)

to be honest.. i dont like the flukes so much, i like the fleas though - they are nice.

The style of this particular fluke isn't to bad but im lovin' the tiki flea ukulele.

But if you were going to buy a fluke or a flea i think its worth the money to get a rosewood fretboard and not the stock strings.

But if you were going to buy a fluke or a flea i think its worth the money to get a rosewood fretboard and not the stock strings.

Well, if you're REALLY looking for value, better to buy it with stock strings and restring it yourself.

Worths are probably the most expensive, they'll run you up to round fifteen, but you get two sets per pack, so it's still not that bad.

ive orderd it now, tenor size with a rosewood fretboard and new strings
hope it was teh right thing to do

Nice. I doubt you'll have any regrets. Let us know how you like it when it arrives :)

Top Bottom