Cigar Box Concert

cornfedgroove

Reaction score
Gotta buy toys and pay rent. I'm not gonna lie, I do make these to sell anyway, but I always want to keep some...and this is one I'd like to keep.

This is a concert sized cbu. I really like this particular one...she is sweet sounding. It has full electronics, geared tuners, good sound with accurate intonation. The sound is bright and clear...strung with D'addarios, very nice.

$100 + actual shipping

cigarboxes 146.jpgcigarboxes 147.jpgcigarboxes 148.jpg

oohhh la la. That thing is tempting. Just listened to the sound sample on YT, me likey. Hmmmm. I really dont need to be buying another uke since I have a Mainland on the way. Hopefully someone will buy this soon, so I dont have to :D

hmm, she's still for sale...potential buyer was a lefty and decided to simply have one made instead of compensating.

hmm, she's still for sale...potential buyer was a lefty and decided to simply have one made instead of compensating.

Oh man, bad news for me. If thing is still around after I pay bills I think she'll be mine :D I've been dyin to play one (own one). Not sure if I can justify the money but from the video it seems very playable. Hows the intonation??

DOUBLE CHECKED: intonation is legit. actually really good considering that I made this thing lol. You shouldnt have any problem with this instrument

Last edited:
DOUBLE CHECKED: intonation is legit. actually really good considering that I made this thing lol. You shouldnt have any problem with this instrument

yummmmmy. I'm flying to florida for the weekend for my graqndfather's funeral. I'll give it a think. Don't hold on to it for me though. If someone wants to buy it, then sell that bad boy!! It's so purty, it better go to a nice home!!

yummmmmy. I'm flying to florida for the weekend for my graqndfather's funeral. I'll give it a think. Don't hold on to it for me though. If someone wants to buy it, then sell that bad boy!! It's so purty, it better go to a nice home!!

sorry to hear about your grandfather...I havent had much interest shown. If you dont want it, I may just send it to my dad. He wants to hang one on the wall. I can always make you another one in the future if you're interested. Lemme know when you get back

I'm interested!

But question first: Namely, the instrument looks a bit top heavy. How does playability compare to a traditional bodied uke? (I've never played a CBU before.)

it's actually not top heavy at all...you could balance it on your finger at the center of the heel. Not that I planned it that way, but the neck goes all the way through to the back of the box.

I'm sure its heavier than a standard concert...but its not "heavy" by any means. The neck is a little beefier, but I play all of them just fine...even along with my manufactured uke.

Top Bottom