Hi from Indy!

kilaana

Reaction score
I got my first uke years ago in college, for ten bucks, when I couldn't afford a guitar. It went in the closet when I got a banjo, and since then I've played guitar (frets are too far apart), violin/fiddle (the stupid thing has no frets), and recently rediscovered the uke (ahhhh, lots of conveniently placed little frets that my small hands just love).

Right now I'm working on re-wiring my brain from guitar chords (up a fourth, up a fourth!) and looking for all the fingerstyle tabs I can get my hands on.

And I just found out there's some sort of Uke World Congress not far from here next June... hmmmm, sounds intriguing.

- Jill

Hi Jill,
I have a sister who lives in Kokomo. It would be nice to pay her a visit and be able to catch part of the UWC. Not sure it will work out or not though.

Welcome to the Underground

PS: You should be able to find something of interest on my site regarding tabs.

Welcome to UU, Jill! :)

I got my first uke years ago in college, for ten bucks, when I couldn't afford a guitar. It went in the closet when I got a banjo, and since then I've played guitar (frets are too far apart), violin/fiddle (the stupid thing has no frets), and recently rediscovered the uke (ahhhh, lots of conveniently placed little frets that my small hands just love).

Right now I'm working on re-wiring my brain from guitar chords (up a fourth, up a fourth!) and looking for all the fingerstyle tabs I can get my hands on.

And I just found out there's some sort of Uke World Congress not far from here next June... hmmmm, sounds intriguing.

- Jill

E komo mai Jill, You have discovered a veritable cornucopia of 'ukulele knowledge here at the UU (aka 'Ukulele University), and Dominator is one of our professors. Hope you enjoy your stay here. ;)

Top Bottom