Uke Lesson 24 - Ehu Girl

Hey UUers! Episode 24 of Uke Lessons is up and runnin'!

Uke Lesson 24 - Ehu Girl

This song has been ALL OVER the airwaves in Hawaii and is pretty sweet, especially because the uke player for this band is one of our very own. Be sure to support them and pick up a copy of Kolohe Kai's album on iTunes!

The Play-Along was recorded live this time, so what you hear is exactly what they sound like acoustically. A couple things to note:
- In the Play-Along most of the time when Noah (ukulele) is playing G7, it looked & sounded like Roman (guitar) was playing G. In the chord diagrams I stuck to what the ukulele was playing.
- The Dm before the pre-chorus (..."it was just like heaven & a dream come true...") is a down strum on Am7 (0000) then an upstrum on Dm (2210). Example.
- Sometimes when Noah plays G, he uses the (4232) fingering instead of (0232) - especially when it is played before the 2453 Am. "We're standing in the right place at the right time" Example.
- During the chorus, sometimes when he plays G7 (0212) he hammers on the 2 on the A string so it goes from (0210) to (0212). "... and now I don't know what to do" Example.

Questions, comments, thoughts, ideas, explanations for what the word "ehu" means for all our mainland & international viewers, etc. - Post what you got below!!

Last edited:
Congratulations to your success KoloheBoy - i'll check out your records
and a big THX to Ukulele Underground for bringing another awesome lesson.

Do you already have an official music video for this song?

I stream Island 98.5 every morning here in San Antonio at work, been hearing this song and really like it. So awesome Noah is a UU member, and to have a lesson with the guys from the band, extra bonus!!

Thanks Guys!

This was a great lesson I wanted to learn this song for like the past month.

great uke lesson!

I've been playing that song for a couple weeks... I guessed most of the chords but now it seems more legit getting a lesson from a band member! sweet!

I've also been playing/singing "Lover Girl" too... I like the chorus part that sounds like that Donna Summer song "On the Radio"... Aldrine talked about the Donna Summer song on the last live session so it reminded me of "Lover Girl" and so I requested that Kolohe Kai song from Aldrine during the live session... but I don't think he saw it. :( (unless maybe he played while I had to step away)

Thank GOODNESS.

Now my friends will stop bugging me about learning this song, lol.

notha winnahz!

ehu girl

Very cool:

I'm new so I really appreciate the alternate voicings. Also it would be a good thing if a "play along" was added to all your lessons. This is very useful for players living in more or less UI (uke isolation) situations

Very cool:

I'm new so I really appreciate the alternate voicings. Also it would be a good thing if a "play along" was added to all your lessons. This is very useful for players living in more or less UI (uke isolation) situations

Awesome - welcome to UU! Most of our Uke Lessons include a Play-Along, which is something we started last year. For a full list of all the Play-Along videos, check out out YT playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=CD6F28C13A0A9AC2

Plus the "Let it Snow" Play-Along on Viddler:

Top Bottom