New Guy Atlanta Area

SweetWaterBlue

Reaction score
Hi. Just thought I would introduce myself. I live in the Atlanta area in a town called Smyrna. I don't yet have a uke, but am in the market for either a concert or tenor. I have played the guitar a little in the past, and trumpet in high school, so am not totally new to music. I have been lurking on this forum for a few weeks, and have watched a gazillion of the videos on youtube to get an idea of what the different types and sizes sound like. There don't seem to be a lot of music stores near me that carry ukes, so I am glad for this forum and youtube.

Mahalo! Y'all come on in! The ukin' is fine... :D

Seriously, there are a whole bunch of uke players in the ATL on Ukulele Underground. You need to check out the "Community" tab on the toolbar at the top of the page. Look in "Social Groups" and you will find "S.E.Ukers". That is the Atlanta area uke community. We have already had two gatherings and we have a uke dealer among us. Some of us that you may see posting often include DeG, Captain Lovehandles, me (Tsani), haolejohn, DarkWater, UkeRepublic and many many more.
Jake Shimabukuro has been to ATL at the Red Light Cafe a couple of times and we always have a sell-out crowd and a good time.

This is a good place to be if you are interested in ukulele. Maybe not like Hawaii or the West coast - but you will not be alone.

Hey SweetWater Blue, check out Uke Republic. This guy lives in Austell. He will hook you up with a good uke. He has a wide selection from beginner models to top of the line. He has strings, tuners, cases, gig bags, you name it.

You're not the brewer are you? If you are, you are going to be an EXTREMELY popular addition to the ATL uke community!:D

Here is a link to Uke Republic.
http://www.ukerepublic.com/

Hey SweetWater Blue, check out Uke Republic. This guy lives in Austell. He will hook you up with a good uke. He has a wide selection from beginner models to top of the line. He has strings, tuners, cases, gig bags, you name it.

You're not the brewer are you? If you are, you are going to be an EXTREMELY popular addition to the ATL uke community!:D

No. I have no association with the local brewery, but coming up with a good screen name for a uke board was harder than I thought. I don't live too far from Sweet Water Creek which is probably why it popped into my mind and I have no idea where the Blue came from.

Its good to know there are ukers close by, especially since most of the local guitar stores have almost no ukes in stock, and even less people that know anything about them. I had already discovered the S.E.Ukers and Uke Republic sites from poking around here on the underground, but since the Republic is not a brick and mortar store, its exact location was not decipherable. Austell is right next door.

I have not been in a "band" since high school which was almost 4 decades ago. At the time I was in the school band, and also had dance band and rock-and-roll band at various times. The S.E. Ukers sounds like a great place to find some people do some jamming with, once I get a uke and learn to play it a bit.

Welcome to UU! :)

No. I have no association with the local brewery, but coming up with a good screen name for a uke board was harder than I thought. I don't live too far from Sweet Water Creek which is probably why it popped into my mind and I have no idea where the Blue came from.

Its good to know there are ukers close by, especially since most of the local guitar stores have almost no ukes in stock, and even less people that know anything about them. I had already discovered the S.E.Ukers and Uke Republic sites from poking around here on the underground, but since the Republic is not a brick and mortar store, its exact location was not decipherable. Austell is right next door.

I have not been in a "band" since high school which was almost 4 decades ago. At the time I was in the school band, and also had dance band and rock-and-roll band at various times. The S.E. Ukers sounds like a great place to find some people do some jamming with, once I get a uke and learn to play it a bit.

Welcome SWB, I live in Douglasville and am a frequent visiter to ukerepublics "house". I have multiple ukes (UkeRepublic doesn't sale some of the brands I have, yet:)) if you'd like to try them out you are more than welcome to. Tell you the truth, My wife is in the AF reserve and she has drill this weekend and a good uke meet up would be nice this weekend if anyone else is interested. I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

Top Bottom