Alice in Wonderland

ukulelegal

Reaction score
far away from others who play ukulele...it sucks
Anyone besides me looking forward to the continuation? Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter...Helena Bonham Carter as the Queen of Hearts...March 5th 2010

Creepy yep yep...but kinda cool too! The original had a lot of cultural subtext in it that made it just as creepy...maybe more! *Who said that...back in your cage you...don't wake up until I tell you to!*

It can't be weirder than this version (wait til she goes down the rabbit hole)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC4-_MieqKU

I'm looking forward to Alice, but will wait for reviews before I see it. Tim Burton's films always have exceptional art direction but the writing is hit or miss. Seeing as this is a Disney film, it will probably be slap-sticky and not as avant garde as it looks.

whoa...super trippy...don't know how I feel about that...it was really pretty until the rabbit hole....

I'm looking forward to Alice, but will wait for reviews before I see it. Tim Burton's films always have exceptional art direction but the writing is hit or miss. Seeing as this is a Disney film, it will probably be slap-sticky and not as avant garde as it looks.

yes...I realized after I wrote the last post that this is a Disney film also...we will have to wait and see. So far it looks like it is going to be good but you know how trailors are-often misleading.
btw: did you see Wonderland on SyFy?

whoa...super trippy...don't know how I feel about that...it was really pretty until the rabbit hole....

yes...I realized after I wrote the last post that this is a Disney film also...we will have to wait and see. So far it looks like it is going to be good but you know how trailors are-often misleading.

But then again.. I just remembered Chronicles of Narnia is under Disney too and I was happy with that. Are they not making the rest of the books into movies? So we'll see - I'll cross my fingers about Alice. I would love to love it! :)

I recorded Alice on "SeeFee" (lol) but I haven't watched it yet.

I only saw bits and pieces of it. I kept falling asleep. It had nothing to do with the entertainment value of the show...I was just suuupppperrr tired. :D You'll have to let me know how it was after you watch it. Maybe I will get lucky and they will rerun it. As for the Chronicles of Narnia...I'm still ticked that they didn't start off with the Magician's Nephew (the first book in the series) But then again I almost never like the movies as well as the books.

Bah.

If I want to see Johnny Depp playing an eccentric, I'll go rent "Edward Scissorhands".

Or "Pirates of the Carribean"

Or "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"

Or "Sweeney Todd"

Or "Sleepy Hollow"

Or "Ed Wood"

Or "Cry Baby"

Or "Benny and Joon"

Or... You know what? Pretty much any Johnny Depp movie. :p

JJ

Have you ever read Alice and Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass? Lewis Carroll was on CRACK. Definitely the most appropriate director for this adaptation.

I took it as a figure of speech. :) I don't think she meant he was literally on crack. Although, psilocybin ("shrooms") and opiates are a definite possibility.

Top Bottom