im having problems with strumming

SamJ1206

Reaction score
i can only seem to do one strum which i learnt when i first started learning the ukulele, which is d,d,u u,d. i seem to have got into a habbit of strumming like that.can anyone tell me how to figure out a suitable strum for a song? i really need help with breaking this habbit :(

x x

hmm a good song to listen to is somewhere over the rainbow...just figure the rythm and listen closely which stroke is dominant or has more emphisis...try not to play the song you first learned that had that strum and play something new....just try different songs and find the rythm soon you'll have your own rythm and wont get stuck with just one rythm...one way i did is just watch aldrines lessons and learn those songs...

aha that was the song a learnt it for, but ill avoid playing it for a while and focus on other songs then

cheers

x

Try to find a song you like in 3/4 timing. You'll quickly adapt to a new strum pattern (1,2,3 1,2,3 1,2,3 ....)

aha that means like nothing to me, ave not been playing long and i taught myself so havent got a clue what thet means :(
lol

DON'T GIVE UP!

That's all I can offer. Stumming gave me, and gives me still, a lot of trouble. But through practice and peserverance(sp?), I'm gettin over it.

Top Bottom