Effects Pedal p***!!!

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
i wanna see pics of your pedals! if you have some rare boutique pedals, post them up and tell us about them. what you like about them. or if you have a whole pedal board show it off and tell us about it! especially if you made the board yourself.

i guess ill have to go first.

this is not the actual board, as i havent had a chance to take a pic of it yet, but it is a depiction of what ive got on her so far. ill take a pic when i get home and post it up later. hopefully by then there will be many more "centerfolds" to drool over.

ok so what ive got is:
Dimebag Crybaby From Hell Wah ==> Planet Waves Tuner ==> Danelectro French Fries Auto Wah ==> Ibanez DS7 Distortion (borrowing till i get my Boss DS-1) ==> Boss DD-6 Delay ==> Danelectro FAB Chorus ==> Danelectro Tuna Melt Tremolo ==> Danelectro Surf n Turf Compressor ==> Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ.
also on the board is an X2 Wireless system.
all power supplied by 1 spot AC adapter through daisy chain.
home made board
carried in a Maxpedition soft rifle case that carries all other necessities (ie cables, picks, mics, notes, etc.)

planning to pick up my DS-1 tonight
want to switch out my tuner with Korg Pitchblack just because it looks cool
plan to switch out DD-6 with DD-7 plus FS-5U for external tap tempo.

Attachments

• PEDALBOARDcurrent.JPG
    PEDALBOARDcurrent.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 49
mine looks like this...

BossME-50Big.jpg

yup that about it! haha! :p

wow thats cool! its got like... everything huh? my brother has the same system

... oh wait...

IMG_8012.jpg

huge fan of boss corp pedals (if it wasnt clear). Also just picked up the rc-20 loop station which is amazing. Love the korg pitchblack, sick tuner and slick looks. All running through a SKB pedal board unit. Sonic max. in there for good measure

It goes Korg Pitch Black Tuner >> Boss PS-3 Phase Shifter >> Boss OC-3 Super Octave [awesome pedal] >> Bos CS-3 Chorus Ensemble (I like it more than the other boss Chorus Offerings) >> BBE Sonic Stomp Sonic Maximizer >> Boss TR-2 Tremolo >> Boss Noise Suppressor >> Boss DD-6 Digital Delay [want a dd7 but the rc-20 i just got really makes up for it i guess] another MUST have pedal IMO >> Boss RV-5 Digital Reverb [another must have]. All of this goes through an SKB powered pedal board unit, that is itself, a hardcase.

I tried to cover all my bases there, and feel like I did so fairly well. Id like to get a smaller pedal board for JUST a few pedals at a time, since above is my recording pedal board setup, and I dont ever need every pedal for every occasion...well...do i? ;)

Just picked up the RC-20 loop station which is killer, cant wait to get it on my board in its vacant space.

Last edited:
DSC_003602-45-05.jpg

ok so i finally took a pick of my board. my actual board is basically a wood grating that i found around the house. spray painted it black and added some velcro to it. the front feet are a high bounce ball that i cut in half to provide traction on the floor and the raise the front up to give a slope.

signal chain starts at the crybaby from hell, then into a planet waves tuner (which i desperately want to upgrade to a korg pitchblack), then into a BOSS dynamic wah tempo controlled by FS-5U, then into a danelectro FAB chorus (best damn $15 chorus you'll ever find), then into a danelectro tunamelt tremolo (does the job just as good without sucking the tone out like the BOSS tremolo), then into a danelectro fish n chips 7 band EQ (should be called "night n day" instead), then into my BOSS DD-7 delay tap tempo on another FS-5U. the other FS-5U switches control the channel on my amp (clean to amp model), and for the effects (phase / flange).

all the essentials minimal space. all the pedals are further secured by zipties, and powered by a 1SPOT AC adapter and daisy chain. the handles were originally for my kayak, and everything fits nicely into a Maxpedition rifle bag for transport and storage of all the rest of my gear (cables and other stuff).

Just got this one. "Zonkin' Yellow Screamer MkII" by DuhvoodooMan. Its basically the BYOC ODII (Ibanez Tubescreamer) kit thats built with internal mods and cool paint and graphics.
zysmk2.jpg

Plugged into my Mack Gem Combo tube amp.

A few other pedal kits I need to put together.. been putting it off for a couple of months.
gggkits.jpg

I don't have pics, but I can tell you what I've used and what I think of them.

Right now, I have:

Electro-Harmonix English Muff'n -- I love this for a tube overdrive sound. I bought it originally to add some nicety to my solid state amp, but I've since sold the amp and now have an all-tube amp. So now I use it as my overdrive/boost channel. It's warm and meaty.

Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah -- I love it, but I rarely use it. Honestly, because of this thread and making me think about it, I'll probably go jam with it tonight and try to use it more. I just don't feel the need to wah wah as much lately for some reason.

Dr. Scientist Radical Red Reverberator -- Actually, I don't own this, but I want to. Badly. On that old amp, I used the built-in reverb. My new tube amp doesn't have one, so I'm reverbless right now and it's the only pedal I really feel I need to add. This Dr. Scientist reverb is pricey, but it's the best I've ever heard for reverb. I hope to own it one day, but it places a long way down my list of things to acquire (at least after a conga, a mainland, a puppy, and a camera) just because of the price.

Electro-Harmonix Bass Balls -- I bought this for bass like 8 years ago and it's a crazy awesome box. It doesn't get taken out very much because it's so unique sounding that it doesn't fit in with a ton of songs, but when I do pull it out, I have a BALL playing with it on both bass and guitar. It's a dual envelope filter that has a drive switch as well, so you can really sound like you're playing on the moon. It's like a sick auto-wah that bends every which way and swells-- just crazy cool.

Last edited:
ok so i did a little bit of moving around and added some things and got rid of some things. here's the current setup:

DSC_0616-1-1.jpg

the case is actually a musicians gear electric guitar case that i flipped upside down, ripped out the lining, and used the lid as my board. didnt feel like dropping $300 on a case to fit all my pedals so i opted to just gut one of my $50 guitar cases and DIY this mofo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom