PDA

View Full Version : The Brotherhood of the Travelling Ukulele

NukeDOC
04-30-2008, 07:13 AM
ok guys so this is how this is going to work. i have this ukulele. its a beater. but it works. i used to bring it to work to practice. so it does its job. doesnt do a great job. but like i said, it works. :D

so i am going to choose from the many people on this forum. probably about 10, maybe 15. the people i choose are up to my discretion because i would hate for the uke to be lost in the process (more on this later). so for the most part, the people that the uke will go to are the people whom i personally feel i can trust with this task.

so what is the task?

after i have chosen the individuals i will post up their UU screen names on this thread. this will give them the opportunity to opt out of this if they cannot participate. no pressure.

once i have confirmed the participants, i will set up the order of who gets the uke first. of course, thats me. i will take video of me signing the uke and playing it, and post it on youtube.

i will then request the mailing address of the individual after me... and only that individual. this will help avoid having a bunch of people's addresses that are known on the internet from floating around to who-knows-where.

the next individual will then take video of signing and playing. oh and feel free to say some sort of message or whatever you feel like. post that video on youtube as a video response to my original video post. tag the video with "brotherhood of the travelling ukulele" and (if i may have permission to do so from UU) "ukulele underground". then you will request the mailing address of the next person, only, and mail it to them for them to repeat the process.

eventually the uke will come back to me. by that time i will have found some way to set up a contest to see who actually gets to have the ukulele in the end.

the contest will be open to everyone. so im not quite deaching this particular uke. but imagine having an ukulele signed by some of the most influential members of this forum and youtube ukulele icons!

i will be putting the names of prospective participants together shortly. so stay tuned!

OK HERE ARE THE NAMES:
1. NukeDOC - CONFIRMED while with me, i will sign the uke. and i will get my brother BUGOY CONFIRMED to sign it too. i would get the whole band in on it, but there wouldnt be any room left for anyone else! hahaha

2. Aldrine - while its with you, could you please get rayan and DanyoCummings to sign it as well? oh yeah TitoBoy too!

3. Dominator - CONFIRMED

4. Fred_Miu - CONFIRMED

5. Davoomac - CONFIRMED if you and EleoCasil CONFIRMED are down for this, i would love to have you guys as part of it.

6. tsud123 - CONFIRMED and hopefully chronosxd and ndtitanlady as well!

6. Ukulele_Junkie - CONFIRMED if you dont mind getting jello CONFIRMED to sign it too, that would be cool since im sure you guys are together enough.

7. Seeso - CONFIRMED

8. Deach - CONFIRMED can't keep this one away from you bruddah. you were the inspiration behind all this "deaching" hahaha. do you have a youtube account? well if you dont, then this would be a great opportunity to actually see the person behind all this giving.

9. GX9901 - CONFIRMED George, cant forget you dude. your reviews have really inspired and guided a lot of people in their quest to find the right ukulele for themselves. plus, we've dealt with mail before so i know i can count on you to get the uke back to me once you're done with it.

to the rest of the great people here in the Underground, if i didnt include you PLEASE dont take offense to it. i wanted 15 people tops, and i think i even went over that. if i could i would want to get everyone. hell, i would have loved to take the uke to the jam session here in SD and have everyone sign it. but there just isnt room. sorry.

if any of the people i mentioned cannot commit to this please let me know either in this thread or through PM. also, i realize the costs of shipping, so i tried to group people up as much as possible in hopes that everyone could chip in toward the next destination.

Aldrine Guerrero
04-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Great idea dude! As long as it's signed by Seeso... I'm sure anyone will be goin nuts about that contest. I like the spirit of deaching hahaha. We're gonna deach that Tenor Kala soon. :D

la_ingrit
04-30-2008, 07:20 AM
:D:DThis is OMG so cool!!!! Congrats for the excellente idea!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

NukeDOC
04-30-2008, 07:24 AM
Great idea dude! As long as it's signed by Seeso... I'm sure anyone will be goin nuts about that contest. I like the spirit of deaching hahaha. We're gonna deach that Tenor Kala soon. :D
oh fa sho' seeso is on that list! hahaha

seeso, you bettah not back down! :p:D

tripl3thr33
04-30-2008, 07:25 AM
i really like the idea! and im sure this is deach-worthy lol. this would really go with the current UU contest's theme with where the uke will go

menehunenyc
04-30-2008, 07:34 AM
What a great idea, kinda like the play-it-forward contest/ukulele-safari, only deachified. Can't wait to see who the lucky participants will be.

CYNICALifornia
04-30-2008, 07:36 AM
Very cool idea. Can't wait to see this one get going.

Perhaps a google map could even be set up to track the Uke's progress from city to city?

seeso
04-30-2008, 07:47 AM
oh fa sho' seeso is on that list! hahaha

seeso, you bettah not back down! :p:D

I'm in! Let's Deach it forward!

NukeDOC
04-30-2008, 08:04 AM
ok guys, the list is out. check out the original post. looks like there are 18 names on there. so if a few have to back out, its still all good.

deach
04-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Cool idea. Question about the list - will the ukulele be sent in that order? That would be cool because I'd get to play a ukulele that was played by a lot of my uke heroes!

NukeDOC
04-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Cool idea. Question about the list - will the ukulele be sent in that order? That would be cool because I'd get to play a ukulele that was played by a lot of my uke heroes!
yeah thats the order it will be going in. so you would want to give your mailing addy to seeso, and request an addy from gx9901.

GX9901
04-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Hey it sounds like fun. I'm honored to be on the list. It'll be the closest I'll be to ukulele immortality.:D

la_ingrit
04-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Nuke Doc...tell us everything....make updates please and everyone in the FAMOUS UKULELE PLAYERS LIST too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to you all!!!!!!! :D

Fred Miu
04-30-2008, 11:11 AM
sign me up.

and Nuke, me and Dom live like 2 hours away from each other

NukeDOC
04-30-2008, 11:24 AM
sign me up.

and Nuke, me and Dom live like 2 hours away from each other

k ill split you guys up. thanks brother.

hotnanas
04-30-2008, 11:33 AM
rad idea. i got kinda nervous, thinking...dude if he puts my name on there then that totally sucks! even though i knew deep down in my heart that my name wouldn't be there.

i can't wait to see this in action!

Vroom
04-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Very original idea. I like it! I'm excited to see all the videos everyone will post! and hopefully see deach in action!

Ame
04-30-2008, 12:16 PM
this is an awesome idea! cant wait to see at the end with everyone's videos and such. :)

davoomac
04-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Whoa, thats an awesome idea nuke! can't wait to see what happens.

I don't feel like I deserve to be on that list lolhttp://engr.smu.edu/~kaytaz/77.gif, but count me in! No doubt eleo would love to as well!

UKESTAR
04-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Nuke. I am offended that I did not make your list:D Just kidding...I can't do videos yet anyways......yet. Got my mac recently though...ha.

Super duper cool idea man....I know you were inspired by the great Deach, but great work anyways!

Ian Boys
04-30-2008, 03:59 PM
'tis a great idea. Look forward to seeing the result of this...

NukeDOC
05-03-2008, 06:41 AM
ok the only one im really waiting for confirmation from is dustin. ill give it till monday. then ill just get this rolling with what we've got.

NukeDOC
05-03-2008, 06:50 PM
ok due to circumstances that i dont want to disclose just yet, i had to change the order of who will get the uke when.

all who are involved with this, please take note. thanks.

jello
05-03-2008, 07:09 PM
junkie told me about this, but i didn't have time to actually look at the thread! this sounds like it will be really fun!

thanks for letting me sign it too nuke! :D
i'm excited!

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Such a great idea.. that would be mad as to get it and see what it looks like in the end :D

This forum is great :)

tsud123
05-03-2008, 07:45 PM
that sounds like such an awesome project.

NukeDOC
05-03-2008, 07:47 PM
RIGHT ON! ive pretty much got everybody confirmed. the first video will be up shortly!

deach
05-04-2008, 01:28 AM
ok due to circumstances that i dont want to disclose just yet, i had to change the order of who will get the uke when.

all who are involved with this, please take note. thanks.

Please keep me towards the end - I need all the practice I can get. You've lumped me with some incredible players.

davoomac
05-04-2008, 01:48 AM
Those ukuleles will be sweet with all the signatures on em.

NukeDOC
05-04-2008, 05:51 AM
ok in case you havent noticed...

THE FIRST TWO VIDS ARE UP NOW!!!

bugoy and i stayed up (you can tell how sleepy we were on his video) pretty late getting some footage ready so i can get things packed.

here is the first video explaining most of the details of the project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K8r2dOBSeE

and here is the first video response by bugoy... and me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaJ5xyMG9Rs

ok guys... lets make this happen!!!

but remember there's no rush. take your time. make the vids count. and have fun with it!

UKESTAR
05-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Very cool....can't wait to see how it all turns out..

jaggtmolina
05-04-2008, 09:47 PM
dope idea.

Dominator
05-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Hey Nuke,
Was just looking for this thread to get an update. Has the uke made it off to Aldrine in Hawaii yet?

NukeDOC
05-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Hey Nuke,
Was just looking for this thread to get an update. Has the uke made it off to Aldrine in Hawaii yet?

sorry, dude, i lag. its still in my truck. i need to get it out though with a quickness.

Jimmy
05-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Dang Nuke, I'd love to sign one of those hats of yours :P

This is a great idea, and I hope to see Aldrine's video soon!

Dominator
05-12-2008, 12:34 PM
sorry, dude, i lag. its still in my truck. i need to get it out though with a quickness.

No sweat. Was wondering because I will be heading to Ohio to see my mom in about 3 weeks or so and was trying to gauge whether I would endup with it before or after. I'm sure it will most likely be after.

Fred Miu
05-12-2008, 01:51 PM
along with Dom, i will be in hawaii the whole summer, so please take your time haha. OR someone can hand it to me in hawaii!:uhoh:

alden
05-12-2008, 02:40 PM
maybe we can have the uke do a cameo in one of our Bay Area Meetups! :music:

seeso
05-28-2008, 08:22 AM
So who has the ukes now?

NukeDOC
05-28-2008, 09:50 AM
i still have em. yeah i been laggin.

the worst part about it... i brought them with me to the sd jam session to have dustin and philip go ahead and sign it... and i forgot to do that. :( booo on me.

gotta get em boxed up and sent out. but seriously, ive been incredibly busy (ask anyone here from sd). ill get them out as soon as i can though.

davoomac
05-28-2008, 01:36 PM
i still have em. yeah i been laggin.

the worst part about it... i brought them with me to the sd jam session to have dustin and philip go ahead and sign it... and i forgot to do that. :( booo on me.

gotta get em boxed up and sent out. but seriously, ive been incredibly busy (ask anyone here from sd). ill get them out as soon as i can though.

It's all good, nuke. We are patient people :D

menehunenyc
05-28-2008, 02:05 PM
I'll be in hawaii for the Oahu are meet up on June 14th, any chance the uke will be there in time?

NoLine
05-28-2008, 11:05 PM
i cant wait to see the finished product
this is so awesome how everyone is doing this
sweet idea NukeDoc
UU rocks ^_^

dnewton2
06-14-2008, 06:15 PM
So who has the traveling uke now?

seeso
06-14-2008, 06:19 PM
I don't think NukeDOC's slow ass mailed em out yet. :D

dnewton2
06-14-2008, 06:32 PM

DOC is this true?:confused:

jello
06-14-2008, 08:19 PM
hahaha. yeah, i've been curious what was going on with this too! (:

UkeNinja
06-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Why do I get the impression there are "cracks" showing in the brotherhood's alliance :biglaugh:

lovemissheather
06-15-2008, 12:22 PM
this is awesome...

but i think that we need a sisterhood of the traveling ukulele as well.
even though females playing the uke isn't quite as common, there are still quite a few great female ukers out there.

hmm?
whaddya say.

NukeDOC
06-15-2008, 09:29 PM
yes im a slow ass. i still have the ukes sitting in my truck. a lot been going on lately. on top of managing the band and booking shows, i still have my regular day job, my kids, and starting a business. so please bear with me. im actually wondering if i should just hold on to them until aldrine and rayan come down so they can sign it while theyre here.

seeso
06-24-2008, 10:03 AM
yes im a slow ass. i still have the ukes sitting in my truck. a lot been going on lately. on top of managing the band and booking shows, i still have my regular day job, my kids, and starting a business. so please bear with me. im actually wondering if i should just hold on to them until aldrine and rayan come down so they can sign it while theyre here.

But part of the project was to make a video with the ukes too. Will they have time to make a video during their visit?

NukeDOC
06-24-2008, 07:37 PM
But part of the project was to make a video with the ukes too. Will they have time to make a video during their visit?
we'll make sure they do.

salukulady
06-24-2008, 08:18 PM
this is awesome...

but i think that we need a sisterhood of the traveling ukulele as well.
even though females playing the uke isn't quite as common, there are still quite a few great female ukers out there.

hmm?
whaddya say.A sisterhood woulda got this rolling already, right heather? Let's see there's you, me, ame,.....who else. I bet we could get Julia to sign it too.....what do you think? (of course, who the hell would want a uke signed by me?)

seeso
06-24-2008, 09:13 PM
A sisterhood woulda got this rolling already, right heather? Let's see there's you, me, ame,.....who else. I bet we could get Julia to sign it too.....what do you think? (of course, who the hell would want a uke signed by me?)

adellethegreat, plainsong, ukesista, la_ingrit, tuscadero, bsting, I'm sure I'm missing many more.

You should start a thread!

UkeNinja
06-24-2008, 09:41 PM
I have to say that "brotherhood" thing felt a bit awkward from the beginning, and I am not even a woman. And to see now that it takes some time to get up to speed... this is not going to look good for us men and I fear the upcoming "girl power" thread:music:

Howlin Hobbit
06-25-2008, 12:14 AM
adellethegreat, plainsong, ukesista, la_ingrit, tuscadero, bsting, I'm sure I'm missing many more.

Doesn't jello play? And even though she's not here on the forum, there's the awesome Ms Heather Lev. Formerly of NY and now in Seattle.

Also in Seattle is Sunga Rose (of Miss Rose and her Rhythm Percolators).

Last, but certainly not least, is the totally yummy Amanda Palmer (of the Dresden Dolls).

I'm sure I'm missing more too.

helloonurse
06-25-2008, 02:51 AM

I'd be up for the challange as well :music:

lovemissheather
06-27-2008, 08:34 PM
A sisterhood woulda got this rolling already, right heather? Let's see there's you, me, ame,.....who else. I bet we could get Julia to sign it too.....what do you think? (of course, who the hell would want a uke signed by me?)

well lets get this thing up and running! i'm sure we could get a lot of wonderful female ukists to sign the thing.

and hey, maybe we could raffle it off for donations for Ukes4Kids?

:D

maybe?

deach
06-27-2008, 11:54 PM
NukeDoc - This is embarrassing.

SailQwest
06-28-2008, 02:48 AM

I'd be up for this!

(Although Rich and I share this computer, it's virtually always me on UU!!!)

salukulady
06-28-2008, 05:05 AM
We'd need a uke......

NukeDOC
06-28-2008, 09:47 AM
NukeDoc - This is embarrassing.
yes it is. but we're still ahead of them in one very important thing... we have the ukes to give away. hahaha.

im going to be apologizing for this for a while. but come july 22nd, hopefully i can make some amends. with the entourage from hawaii here, and possibly dustin, philip, and natalie ill be able to knock out a whole bunch of sigs and have video of it all. then i just gotta worry about getting them to the other peeps.

lovemissheather
06-28-2008, 10:43 AM
We'd need a uke......

i could get one for us to pass around :)

deach
09-09-2008, 06:56 AM
bump .

NukeDOC
09-09-2008, 08:33 AM
ok! yes! i know! i lag! gheez!

salukulady
09-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Oh no, now Deach is going to "bump" us girls.........(maybe he won't find the thread):eek:

NukeDOC
09-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Oh no, now Deach is going to "bump" us girls.........(maybe he won't find the thread):eek:

if it means i get bumped less, ill go find the thread right now and sell the girls out hahaha.

at least now i know im not the only one laggin. thanks sally!

deach
09-23-2008, 08:55 AM
http://www.12inch.de/l/44936.jpg

salukulady
09-23-2008, 09:57 AM
http://www.12inch.de/l/44936.jpg
us girls need a bump, deach.........

deach
10-08-2008, 09:18 AM
don't let it reach the 6 month point.

JKoval
10-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Hey, guys. What's the situation on this project?

-Jeff

NukeDOC
10-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Hey, guys. What's the situation on this project?

-Jeff

the ukuleles are sitting in the bag in my closet right now. kinda low on time and funds to send them out. and to be honest im not sure now who im going to send it to first. i think seeso.

seeso, if you see this, PM me your address. ill try to send it ASAP.

Fred Miu
10-08-2008, 11:47 PM
didnt you make a list of who you where sending to?

seeso
10-09-2008, 02:46 AM
didnt you make a list of who you where sending to?

OK HERE ARE THE NAMES:
1. NukeDOC - CONFIRMED while with me, i will sign the uke. and i will get my brother BUGOY CONFIRMED to sign it too. i would get the whole band in on it, but there wouldnt be any room left for anyone else! hahaha

2. Aldrine - while its with you, could you please get rayan and DanyoCummings to sign it as well? oh yeah TitoBoy too!

3. Dominator - CONFIRMED

4. Fred_Miu - CONFIRMED

5. Davoomac - CONFIRMED if you and EleoCasil CONFIRMED are down for this, i would love to have you guys as part of it.

6. Ukulele_Junkie - CONFIRMED if you dont mind getting jello CONFIRMED to sign it too, that would be cool since im sure you guys are together enough.

7. Seeso - CONFIRMED

8. Deach - CONFIRMED can't keep this one away from you bruddah. you were the inspiration behind all this "deaching" hahaha. do you have a youtube account? well if you dont, then this would be a great opportunity to actually see the person behind all this giving.

9. GX9901 - CONFIRMED George, cant forget you dude. your reviews have really inspired and guided a lot of people in their quest to find the right ukulele for themselves. plus, we've dealt with mail before so i know i can count on you to get the uke back to me once you're done with it.

Fred Miu
10-09-2008, 04:09 AM
set it off !

cant let the ladies beat us :P

salukulady
10-09-2008, 04:44 AM
set it off !

cant let the ladies beat us :PI don't think you have to be too fearful of that.....can't even find the thread.......

NukeDOC
10-09-2008, 06:39 AM
OK HERE ARE THE NAMES:

3. Dominator - CONFIRMED

4. Fred_Miu - CONFIRMED

7. Seeso - CONFIRMED

i have signed it
bugoy has signed it
aldrine has signed it
rayan has signed it
pau hana has signed it

i got seeso's address. ill send it to him, then he can choose who he sends it to next from the list.

UkuLeLesReggAe
10-09-2008, 06:48 AM
ooooh.. up to seeso, good luck wit it :D

thejumpingflea
10-09-2008, 07:17 AM
OK HERE ARE THE NAMES:

3. Dominator - CONFIRMED

4. Fred_Miu - CONFIRMED

7. Seeso - CONFIRMED

I haven't seen ukulelejunkie on in a while. If contact cannot be made with him, I'd be happy to be the Washington receiver for you guys! :D

deach
10-09-2008, 08:45 AM
I kinda hope NukeDoc doesn't send them. It's been fun bugging him about it.

NukeDOC
10-09-2008, 08:51 AM
I kinda hope NukeDoc doesn't send them. It's been fun bugging him about it.
punkass

haha

deach
10-09-2008, 08:55 AM
punkass

haha

I :love::love::love::love: when you talk rough with me.

NukeDOC
10-09-2008, 09:07 AM
I :love::love::love: when you talk rough with me.
in that case....

take it... yeah... take it! TAKE IT! TAKE IT!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. ok now go make me a sandwich.

:rofl:

deach
10-09-2008, 09:20 AM
in that case....

take it... yeah... take it! TAKE IT! TAKE IT!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. ok now go make me a sandwich.

:rofl:

Extra mayo riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

Fred Miu
10-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Extra mayo riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

you guys are sickening haha

i think Nuke loves mayo :p

NukeDOC
10-09-2008, 10:26 AM
fred why dont you jump in? we can make a fred sandwich. :eek:

Fred Miu
10-09-2008, 06:27 PM
only on the weekends.... >_<

deach
02-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Update please...

HaileISela
02-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Update please...

wow, what happened to you guys???

NukeDOC
02-12-2009, 11:42 AM
freakin BUSY!!! thats what happened. i have seeso's address. he's going to be the next on the list whenever i get around to sending it out. so one of these days seeso is going to get an unexpected package with two ukuleles. one of these days.

Fred Miu
02-12-2009, 03:29 PM
sweet. get this thing finally going!

HaileISela
03-27-2009, 12:26 AM
bump badump

davoomac
03-28-2009, 09:30 PM
yah whats happening? are they still in your closet nukedoc? :eek:

ukulelefatman
03-29-2009, 11:39 AM
I think it's a bad idea to loan Nukedoc any money.....just saying....:eek:

ricdoug
03-29-2009, 12:22 PM
I think it's a bad idea to loan Nukedoc any money.....just saying....:eek:

Arvin's good for that and his word. I know he's extremely busy with a lot on his plate. This is just one of those projects that's on hold. That's all. Ric

mailman
03-29-2009, 01:21 PM
You mean to tell me that I just spent a half an hour reading through ten pages of posts and watching two nearly six minute videos about a traveling ukulele....and the things still haven't budged?

Part of the coolness of this was that the ukes were supposed to travel, and now the Hawaiian contingent have come to them!

This is indeed a great idea, if it ever gets off the ground. Mail those bad boys! The Post Office needs the revenue! :D

ukulelefatman
03-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Arvin's good for that and his word. I know he's extremely busy with a lot on his plate. This is just one of those projects that's on hold. That's all. Ric

Only kidding about his credit......but 11 months and he can't get to the post office?? Hope I never get that busy :)

NukeDOC
03-30-2009, 06:31 AM
sorry guys. i dont know how many times im going to have to appologize. but in my defense, most of my posting here is during work hours. when i have time to actually go on the net. after that, if its not practicing the music for the band, teaching, or just QT with the family then im asleep.

the studio i teach guitar at hates paying me with checks. they usually just give me cash. because ill have it stuck in my wallet for 2 months before i actually bring the thing to the bank.

but their existance is verified. they will go out. it will happen.

deach
03-30-2009, 08:02 AM
Tell us honestly NukeDoc, when does the restraining order from the Post Office expire?

mailman
03-30-2009, 12:00 PM
I am a mailman, after all....we have ways to find you.... :D

deach
05-18-2009, 04:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYyfuKtwOro

dnewton2
05-18-2009, 04:48 AM
Cool to see this actually in motion.

I bet it will get around to everyone and back to NukeDoc in less time then it took him to get it out to Deach.:D:D:D

mailman
05-18-2009, 05:08 AM
What a great idea....I can't wait for the auction.

sukie
05-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Congrats for getting these ukes on their way, Nuke Doc!

grappler
05-19-2009, 12:14 AM
tihs is awesome

Fred Miu
05-19-2009, 05:55 AM
MIKE DaSILVA MADE THOSE?! SWEET!

i am glad we are finally getting this thing on.

NukeDOC
05-19-2009, 06:21 AM
yeah. sorry guys. epic fail on my part. but its behind us now. and thanks to deach it has come off to an awesome start!

did anybody ever count how many times this thread was bumped by deach in the last year? hahaha.

oh yeah, and just to get the monkey totally off of me... what ever happened to the SISTERHOOD??? hahaha

salukulady
05-19-2009, 06:25 AM
yeah. sorry guys. epic fail on my part. but its behind us now. and thanks to deach it has come off to an awesome start!

did anybody ever count how many times this thread was bumped by deach in the last year? hahaha.

oh yeah, and just to get the monkey totally off of me... what ever happened to the SISTERHOOD??? hahahaI can't find the thread......

NukeDOC
05-19-2009, 06:39 AM
I can't find the thread......

here you go...
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3790&highlight=sisterhood
SO GLAD to be of help hehe. :D

but really where has heather been? anyone?

Fred Miu
05-19-2009, 06:40 AM

i think it was about 3 or 4 if im right.

I can't find the thread......

we have an awesoem technology that you might have or have not heard of, its called a calen-err 'search' button. lol here it is (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3790&page=5&highlight=sisterhood).

seeso
05-19-2009, 07:06 AM

LOL I can't tell if you're being serious or not. DaSilva didn't make those.

but really where has heather been? anyone?

Heather ran into a rough patch. She's all good now, but she hasn't been around UU or YouTube since the ship was righted.

salukulady
05-19-2009, 07:17 AM
here you go...
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3790&highlight=sisterhood
SO GLAD to be of help hehe. :D

yeah, yeah, yeah,....nag, nag, nag, and I know how to use search. I could only hope Nukdoc wouldn't get his crap together.......

Hope Heather's okay.

seeso
05-19-2009, 07:21 AM
Hope Heather's okay.

She's good. Send her an email and ask her if she's still down to do the Sisterhood project.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lovemissheather

Fred Miu
05-19-2009, 07:23 AM
LOL I can't tell if you're being serious or not. DaSilva didn't make those.

lol i know he didnt, they for sure dont sound like his ukes.

deach
05-19-2009, 07:53 AM

Tripping Lily had two DaSilva sopraninos. They played and sounded incredible. My hand was cramping up from lack of fretboard though.

Fred Miu
05-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Tripping Lily had two DaSilva sopraninos. They played and sounded incredible. My hand was cramping up from lack of fretboard though.

i played one of mike's sopranios and i was just amazed on how well he made it. and yeah my hand too was freaking out haha.

i should drop by his place again someday.

deach
07-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Anyone know the where-abouts of the ukes?

salukulady
07-06-2009, 07:46 AM
I was wondering that also.....need to update us boys, us girls are working hard getting our uke moving, what's going on with yours?

seeso
07-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Dominator has them right now. He's making a video as we speak.

I don't know who gets them next, but I'm going to Nashville, Indiana on August 27-29 for the Luau. I can have the players there sign them. I'm not too sure who's going to be there, but I'm sure Jason Arimoto will be there at least. I think Dustin and Monique are going too. Of course, we'll get hoosierhiver in on it too.

So it doesn't have to come to me next, but if it came to me after whoever's next, that might be cool.

Dominator
07-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Installment 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NweyuMtgfW0

I'm sending the ukes off to Fred Miu tomorrow. I've added my OU2 to the group of ukes. We need more signature room :shaka:.

seeso
07-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Installment 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NweyuMtgfW0

I'm sending the ukes off to Fred Miu tomorrow. I've added my OU2 to the group of ukes. We need more signature room :shaka:.

Dang, Dom! That's awesome! :worship:

Fred Miu
07-07-2009, 06:05 PM
i wish i had money to add in a 4th ukulele, but sadly im too poor of a college kid to do so. but i cant wait to recieve them when they come!

davoomac
07-07-2009, 06:21 PM
wow Dom! that is really cool. If those ukes make it to Guam i'm DEFINITELY adding another ukulele into the mix! Are you all reusing the packing materials the ukes come in?

Dominator
07-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Are you all reusing the packing materials the ukes come in?

Yes, I used the same packaging that Deach sent me. There was enough room for me to sneak in the OU2 but if will require an additional or larger box to package any additonal ukes.

NukeDOC
07-08-2009, 08:50 AM
just in case, here is the address to the initial video which shows all the video responses to it so you can check them out and keep track of whats going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K8r2dOBSeE

i have also updated the info in the sidebar to include the names (mostly) of the people who have signed the ukulele so far. what an incredible list already.

i have also decided on how im going to let these babies go...

in the ukulele marketplace:
there will be an auction for all three ukulele (or however many we end up with at the end of this project, thanks to dominator for setting that trend hehe). the auction will continue for 1 month from the day that i start it. payment will be recieved via my personal paypal. after receipt, and only after, i will have the ukulele mailed out to the winner. i will post a video on it on youtube, and would appreciate others involved to post videos to it as well to get more traffic on it, as the auction will only be open to REGISTERED members of Ukulele Underground. it will be a totally public auction so your bid will be visible by all. the money received will be donated to the ukulele charity of DEACH's choice.

for out of country bidders: please keep in mind that the money to ship the ukulele to you, if you win, will come out of the bidding price. so unless the bid is in the hundreds (or thousands) of dollars at the time of auction close, i might need to ask you to pay for the shipping also, on top of the bid for the ukulele.

all these rules and any others i can think of by then will be posted on the auction in the ukulele marketplace.

thejumpingflea
07-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Is there anyway I can get in on this? I'd love to be a part of this! :D

deach
07-08-2009, 09:00 AM
If everyone adds a uke, shipping is going to be a financial nightmare for some. what if the ukes go their separate ways and eventually all end up in one place?

sukie
07-08-2009, 09:04 AM
the voice of reason and logic strikes again. Good idea.

rayan
07-08-2009, 09:58 AM
If everyone adds a uke, shipping is going to be a financial nightmare for some. what if the ukes go their separate ways and eventually all end up in one place?

Was thinking exactly the same thing. To ship just 1 uke its already around 30-40 bucks. Spreading them out everywhere might be a good solution to spread the cost of shipping.

Also, heres a map, for your photoshop pros to update with the travels

http://ukuleleunderground.com/images/travelinguke7-8-09.jpg

seeso
07-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Is there anyway I can get in on this? I'd love to be a part of this! :D

I'd love to have you be a part of this!

Excellent idea!

seeso
07-08-2009, 10:23 AM
So I just checked the updated list on NukeDOC's video. I see that Jason Arimoto has not signed yet.

If it's cool with you Fred, how about shipping at least the Oscar Schmidt over to me after you sign it? I can have Jason sign it at the Luau. I'm pretty sure Monique (xticklesmilex) and Dustin will be there. Maybe Wade Johnston, too.

I'll track down HoosierHiver, too.

NukeDOC
07-08-2009, 11:44 AM
better yet, if you have the ukulele and you see that its already full, just PM and send it back to me. that way the full ukulele arent floating around and sucking up shipping costs. ill hold on to them (like thats a problem for me, right deach?) till they all get signed up (however many we end up with) and then we can start the auction.

ummm sisterhood? how about we hold hands on this one and combine the ukes that you have put up so they can continue on with more autographs?

seeso
07-08-2009, 12:21 PM
ummm sisterhood? how about we hold hands on this one and combine the ukes that you have put up so they can continue on with more autographs?

I would pose that question on their thread (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3790).

Dominator
07-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Fred has taken delivery of the ukes this morning. They are making their way safely through CA.

Fred Miu
07-09-2009, 03:02 PM
If it's cool with you Fred, how about shipping at least the Oscar Schmidt over to me after you sign it?....

im bringing it with me so you for sure will get tall of them ;)

deach
07-30-2009, 01:09 AM
update........

salukulady
07-30-2009, 04:41 AM
update........he he he he he.......

seeso
07-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Fred has the two original ukuleles. I have the OS that Dominator donated. Fred came to Chicago and we made the video. I've been waiting on editing that video until the CG project was complete. Now that it's done, I'll edit the video and upload it ASAP.

I'm taking the OS with me to either Indiana (if I go), and/or Milwaukee, to get more ukers to sign it. After that, I'll make a decision as to who gets it next. I think the next recipient will depend on who signs it in Indiana/Milwaukee.

I don't know what Fred's doing with the two original ukuleles. He's in Huntington Beach right now. He slept over at dominicfoundthemooon's place last night.

dominicfoundthemooon
07-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Fred has the two original ukuleles. I have the OS that Dominator donated. Fred came to Chicago and we made the video. I've been waiting on editing that video until the CG project was complete. Now that it's done, I'll edit the video and upload it ASAP.

I'm taking the OS with me to either Indiana (if I go), and/or Milwaukee, to get more ukers to sign it. After that, I'll make a decision as to who gets it next. I think the next recipient will depend on who signs it in Indiana/Milwaukee.

I don't know what Fred's doing with the two original ukuleles. He's in Huntington Beach right now. He slept over at dominicfoundthemooon's place last night.

as of right now the two ukes are at my house... i made a little video with fred last night.. we were up til 4am...

i know i will be seeing a few folks along with AG on the 11th... should i pass them to AG next as he is headed to SD after HB and i think that is your local NUKE..

NukeDOC
07-30-2009, 09:23 AM
as of right now the two ukes are at my house... i made a little video with fred last night.. we were up til 4am...

i know i will be seeing a few folks along with AG on the 11th... should i pass them to AG next as he is headed to SD after HB and i think that is your local NUKE..

perfect. once i get those ukulele back ill keep um in my truck for safe keeping

i mean....

ill set them aside in a safe place where i can let the other ukulele join them eventually so that i can PROMPTLY (i hope) send them out to their new rightful owner.

dominicfoundthemooon
07-30-2009, 09:33 AM
perfect. once i get those ukulele back ill keep um in my truck for safe keeping

i mean....

ill set them aside in a safe place where i can let the other ukulele join them eventually so that i can PROMPTLY (i hope) send them out to their new rightful owner.

cool... i was thinking...

i am going to two UKULELE shows... Soon..

SweetAfton23 17,000 Subs
Danyelle Ate the Sandwich 13,000 Subs

Both cool people, and quite a bit of fun! After I send the two ukes on there way with AG to NukeDoc I could pick up a cheap uke to have them sign (maye write a little note on) and then send those down also to add to the mix..

I am not sure if I have this right.. but I think that we were going to auction the ukes off and give the money to a good cause?

It would be cool to make a highlights video that everyone can post on there youtube that links to the auction..

I would think that if the sisterhood uke gets in on this.. we would have 5 filled up ukes.. and that might do a lot of good! who knows.. just thoughts I was having..

-----

d

Fred Miu
07-30-2009, 12:32 PM
i did no make a video by myself alone, so i brought the ukes to other people and did a collab video since i am the lazy/dumb type.

for the most part they will be reunited again, and will be used for a good cause.

so far these ukes are doing good on the signatures. this is a great project :shaka:

seeso
07-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Dustin's gonna be in San Diego for the UU show. He can sign there.

dominicfoundthemooon
07-30-2009, 12:48 PM
i did no make a video by myself alone, so i brought the ukes to other people and did a collab video since i am the lazy/dumb type.

for the most part they will be reunited again, and will be used for a good cause.

so far these ukes are doing good on the signatures. this is a great project :shaka:

i will post the footage of when you were here so that will count.. i am sure! ha!

Dustin's gonna be in San Diego for the UU show. He can sign there.

yeah.. i will pass it to AG when he is here... he can take them down.

salukulady
07-30-2009, 02:05 PM

OMG! The brotherhood and sisterhood ukes are going to meet? Let's keep it clean or we'll end up with a litter.......

dominicfoundthemooon
08-02-2009, 08:29 PM
here is a VIDEO UPDATE on the BOTTU!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGkgZOiVx8c

next stop AG an down to SD

d

seeso
08-04-2009, 09:46 AM
I'll be taking the Oscar Schmidt to the Zee Avi show tonight for her to sign.

dominicfoundthemooon
08-04-2009, 11:29 AM
I'll be taking the Oscar Schmidt to the Zee Avi show tonight for her to sign.

when you see her tell her that week we spent in mexico was amazing.. she will know what i mean..

seeso
08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm going to take the Oscar Schmidt to the Jake show on Sunday and see if he'll sign it. Wish me luck.

Dominator
08-07-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm going to take the Oscar Schmidt to the Jake show on Sunday and see if he'll sign it. Wish me luck.

Ha, no luck needed Seeso. Jake will sign it no problemo. Tell him I said hello and that I'm anxioulsy waiting for him to complete his tab book so I can see how his stuff is really supposed to be played :shaka:.

seeso
08-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Ha, no luck needed Seeso. Jake will sign it no problemo. Tell him I said hello and that I'm anxioulsy waiting for him to complete his tab book so I can see how his stuff is really supposed to be played :shaka:.

Will do, Dom! :D

seeso
08-09-2009, 05:36 PM
HanktheTank and I went to the Jake Shimabukuro concert tonight. He was fantastic, of course. I brought the Brotherhood uke with me for him to sign, and Henry filmed it.

Next stop, Indiana and/or Milwaukee.

I relayed your message to him, Dom. He said hello, and he's working on the tab book right now. He hopes to have it out early next year.

deach
09-10-2009, 04:24 AM
Any updates?

deach
09-11-2009, 01:26 AM
two sets of ukes and no updates. the brotherhood of lameness. i'm joining the sisterhood.

salukulady
09-11-2009, 03:54 AM
Yay Deach, come on over to the dark side!

Ronnie Aloha
09-11-2009, 04:50 AM
two sets of ukes and no updates. the brotherhood of lameness. i'm joining the sisterhood.

I thought you already were on that team?? ;)

salukulady
09-11-2009, 05:11 AM
I thought you already were on that team?? ;)He was born an honorary member.

seeso
09-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Sorry, I haven't been able to check the forums as often as I should. I have the OS that Dominator donated. I'm taking it to the Milwaukee Uke Fest to have it signed by at least Lil Rev. After that, it will go to the next guy on the list, which is Deach.

Deach, you haven't signed this uke yet, but you've signed the other ones, right? Do you want me to send it to you or George GX9901 next?

deach
09-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Sorry, I haven't been able to check the forums as often as I should. I have the OS that Dominator donated. I'm taking it to the Milwaukee Uke Fest to have it signed by at least Lil Rev. After that, it will go to the next guy on the list, which is Deach.

Deach, you haven't signed this uke yet, but you've signed the other ones, right? Do you want me to send it to you or George GX9901 next?

I signed the original one, not the OS. Send it to George or Russ.

seeso
09-11-2009, 08:06 AM
I signed the original one, not the OS. Send it to George or Russ.

Ok .

cornfedgroove
09-11-2009, 11:57 AM
straight up gangsta'!

seeso
09-28-2009, 10:27 AM
I brought the OS uke to the Milwaukee Uke Fest. I got Brian Hefferan, Jim Beloff, hoosierhiver, and Gerald Ross to sign it. Unfortunately, I was a doofus and forgot it at the cabin.

HelloJodi was kind enough to grab it for me. It's now with Jodi. She has agreed to ship it to its next destination.

George and Russ - who wants the uke next?

Fred Miu
09-28-2009, 10:46 AM
I brought the OS uke to the Milwaukee Uke Fest. I got Brian Hefferan, Jim Beloff, hoosierhiver, and Gerald Ross to sign it. Unfortunately, I was a doofus and forgot it at the cabin.

HelloJodi was kind enough to grab it for me. It's now with Jodi. She has agreed to ship it to its next destination.

George and Russ - who wants the uke next?

thanks for the update Seeso

mrUKETOBER
11-30-2009, 11:35 AM
is this still goin on ? could i get on board ?

seeso
11-30-2009, 11:36 AM
is this still goin on ? could i get on board ?

Send NukeDOC a PM.

mrUKETOBER
11-30-2009, 11:39 AM
ok cool :D

salukulady
11-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Send NukeDOC a PM. (Tehe, snicker, snicker, snicker......)

NukeDOC
11-30-2009, 01:36 PM
sorry ive been MIA. just been real busy lately and its going to get even busier.

update:
i have the original two ukulele in my possession with some schwagg to go weed'um. it is my understanding that there is one or two more that are floating around still. i dont remember who had them last or if the intention was to add them to the collection. but once we figure this out, i will put the ukulele up for auction.

here's what i was thinking...

it will not be a silent auction. everyone will be able to see what you are bidding. this will discourage any riff raff from signing on for the sole purpose of bidding "one million dowlahs!!!" i will start a thread with the ukulele, including pics and schwagg to go with. tell others to sign on to UU to be able to bid on the ukulele.

there will be a time frame to bid. at the deadline, the highest bidder will be contacted by me and have 48 hrs to respond with payment through PAYPAL. im sorry folks, but thats the only way i can keep things legit and secure. i will wait 10 days to ship, just in case the paypal payment is disputed (scammers). the funds will then be transferred to the paypal account of whomever can deliver the funds to the appropriate ukulele related charity... minus any fees that i may have to pay for using paypal for the money transfers (IOW im broke haha).

so right now im just waiting to see if i should wait for those other ukulele, or if im just gonna go ahead and put the ones i currently possess up for auction.

i may even think about setting up separate auctions for each individual ukulele.

Dominator
11-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Nuke,
I donated an OU2. I have no idea where it is at this point but I like the idea of individual auctions. Up to you though.

Fred Miu
12-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Nuke,
I donated an OU2. I have no idea where it is at this point but I like the idea of individual auctions. Up to you though.

last i remembered, Seeso had it for a meet up to sign, and im sure he sent it off to someone.

deach
01-14-2010, 08:02 AM

HaileISela
01-19-2011, 04:12 AM
belated update: when I was in Chicago for UWC, both Ryan Suzuka and I signed the Uke. I do have a video of that, too, but didn't upload it yet...

Kanaka916
09-05-2011, 09:23 AM
I was looking at some old threads and had to revive this one . . . any updates?

seeso
09-05-2011, 03:56 PM
I was looking at some old threads and had to revive this one . . . any updates?

The ukulele is in Minneapolis, awaiting pickup by George, aka GX9901. I will remind him of it.

Kanaka916
09-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks Seeso

deach
07-18-2012, 11:53 AM
What ever happened to this?

seeso
10-18-2012, 03:59 AM
The ukulele is in Minneapolis, awaiting pickup by George, aka GX9901. I will remind him of it.

George never picked it up. Sukie grabbed it the other day and will bring it to Milwaukee. That's one. I don't know what happened to the other one. Last I heard it was with NukeDoc in San Diego.