my first youtube upload!

raecarter

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br6qtyQLsZw

I know its far from perfect but i have a total of 3 hours experience on ukulele in my life. i was concentrating more on the strumming pattern as the chords will be ok to learn as its similar to a guitar. what do you think? Rae:confused:

Very good for your first time, record it again in a week or two and you'll really be interested to see the progress you'll make.

Oh, why don't you change the title of it so more people will find it?

please explain mr colmes

how do i do that lol. Thank you for your comment. i know it needs a bit of work. rae

feedback

I'd really like to know your thoughts on the playing? Does my rythmn look ok etc

It sounded great to me. Great job even if it wasn't your first.:)

Nice one Rae.
If this is the first time you've played, you are doing really well.
I think what Colmes meant is that on Youtube your video is titled DSCF1101.MP4 (obviously a file name) if you change it to something like Hey There Delila cover Ukulele (or similar) as you have already done in the tags. People will have more chance of finding it.
Enjoy your lovely new uke!
John

strumming problem

Where i have always used a plectrum to strung using my hand feels very odd and want to get it right now instead of later

Everybody has a different strumming technique. There really is no right or wrong way, it is more a case of what suits you and the sound and feel you are trying to get.
There are lots of threads about it on here, mainly in the Ukulele Beginners Section.
Also probably worth a look at some of Aldrine's early Uke Minutes lessons on UU http://ukuleleunderground.com/category/ukeminute/page/8/
As I sure he talks quite a lot about strumming technique
Good luck!

Last edited:
Good job, Rae. :)

Nice job, Rae. The only thing I would say to you right now is watch your dynamics. You're strumming at the same volume and intensity throughout the whole song. Try to mix it up a little next time. Get quieter in the verses and louder in the choruses, perhaps.

thankyou everyone

I'll take that on board seeso. I just worked out one of my favourite songs called not nineteen forever by the courteeners. It's in a different key but the little progression for it works better than the actual chords. I'll post it when I'm happy. It's weird how on a guitar the little add ons etc are with the d chord but on a uke its the g chord

Nice work on the video! You've played guitar? You look pretty natural with that ukulele!

BTW, beautiful uke!

Looks like you're well on your way! Seeso gave you some excellent advice regarding dynamics, and you have a nice natural flow. Check out Aldrine's lessons here. He covers pretty much everything, and well. There are tons of YouTubers giving lessons, too. Careful, though. Some people will tell you you must strum or finger pick this way or that. Try all techniques and go for a blend when needed, eventually you will find your own "voice."

Great start!

Thankyou ill definately look into that. I've been playing guitar 13 years and was backing singer songwriter in a few bands so its just getting used to the uke. I should have got a pick up one though for my 8 track

Top Bottom