Just doesnt seem fair....

spazus_maximus

Reaction score
I have been pickin on this lil ukulele for almost a year now & as of Monday finally convinced my "stay at home mom" girlfriend to give it a whirl....Well as I am at work she texts me & asked what the chords were for some adam sandler song & I just realized....She gets to play & practice all day while im at work!.....I have a tough time squeezing an hour or so a day in......just doesnt seem right....Im working the days away & shes strummin the days away.....jees louise....aint right I tell ya just aint right!

If she was looking for the chords for "Medium Pace", they're C, G, F, G and C.

If she is a Mom, she has a job and a half... with no time off. I am sure the ukulele is a necessity for stress relief. And, as a bonus, she might be much more inclined to allocate extra recreational money for more ukes. And, the young one might end up playing too. Imagine yourself in a 3 uke band! It's a good thing.

For you, bring a uke to work, and play during lunch. That's what I do.

–Lori

If she is a Mom, she has a job and a half... with no time off. I am sure the ukulele is a necessity for stress relief. And, as a bonus, she might be much more inclined to allocate extra recreational money for more ukes. And, the young one might end up playing too. Imagine yourself in a 3 uke band! It's a good thing.

For you, bring a uke to work, and play during lunch. That's what I do.

–Lori

She truly does have a job & a half...I dont know how she keeps it all together....I tell ya Id be lost without her....she keeps me grounded. Its really cool cause I dont know any other Ukers in town so now I have a jammin buddy & to top it off she can sing really well which i cant...lol...I am glad she picked it up!

Its really cool cause I dont know any other Ukers in town so now I have a jammin buddy & to top it off she can sing really well which i cant...lol...I am glad she picked it up!

This opens up a whole world of fun, believe me. Me and my honey spend our weekend mornings singing and playing together out by the backyard lake, to an audience of ducks, herons and squirrels. Ain't nothin' better. :D

This opens up a whole world of fun, believe me. Me and my honey spend our weekend mornings singing and playing together out by the backyard lake, to an audience of ducks, herons and squirrels. Ain't nothin' better. :D
Wow, that sounds like some back yard you got there. When I play in my back yard, I'm lucky if a flock of crows fly over, and they're a tough crowd - best to be under an umbrella when they start dropping their "requests," if you know what I mean...:eek:

A woman's work is never done...........................

Ukantor.

You're happy to have a girlfriend who shares your musical interests. Play together: it's the most fun the two of you can have. Well, second most...:D

Yeah, we're pretty lucky. Here's the view from the hanging swing where I do most of my uking.
Yeah, that's what I needed to see... :drool:

Ah, well... something more to dream about...:rolleyes:

Keep swingin' and play a song for me, Mr. Ukulele Man!:nana:

If she is a Mom, she has a job and a half... with no time off. I am sure the ukulele is a necessity for stress relief.
Yes and yes.
At least it is in my case and it's not like you can practise for an hour at a time. They enjoy it for the first ten minutes then you get books and toys literally shoved in your face asking for attention.

My little one loves to dance while I'm practising but once she's decided to move on to something else that's it and it's "Have you finished?" every two minutes until you admit defeat.
I've discovered that the best time to practise is after breakfast as she's most likely to occupy herself then.

Upside is that she does enjoy it and asks for certain songs or if she can strum the strings.

Top Bottom