Stupid UAS...

iamdanielle

Reaction score
I can't help myself. I ordered a Blue Burst Makala Dolphin from MGM this morning and I already got confirmation from him that it has been sent. I have always wanted a plastic uke and I have only read good things about the Dolphin.

UAS will be the death of me...

Wait a second. It can kill now?

no, but it can lead to Angry Spouse Syndrome, and everybody knows that A.S.S. can be deadly...

i'm desperate for a plastic Dolphin - UK dealers seem to have a million laminate wood ones to shift though.

Can anyone advise on what MGM charges to ship to the UK, and how long it takes. I can live with import charges on such a cheap instrument.

i'm desperate for a plastic Dolphin - UK dealers seem to have a million laminate wood ones to shift though.

Can anyone advise on what MGM charges to ship to the UK, and how long it takes. I can live with import charges on such a cheap instrument.

You could always PM him and ask, he's a member here

You could always PM him and ask, he's a member here

ive got one coming from way out there to Hungary and it is costing me an extra 30 dollars, plus i might get an import duty on arrival, about another 20... for a 25 quid uke that is a lot of extra.....but i just had to get it, it is for my wife, honest, or maybe my daughter, or well, at least if they don't use it i can find a little time to lay it now and then. it is NOT my fourth uke, honest , really, it isn't honest.

You shouldn't have to pay import charges if an item is valued at under £18. (£36 for items marked "gift") I'm not sure what the exact exchange rate would be but I would have thought the Makala was somewhere bordering this limit so you may be lucky and not have to pay.
Shipping charge would probably be a pain though.

I can't help myself. I ordered a Blue Burst Makala Dolphin from MGM this morning and I already got confirmation from him that it has been sent. I have always wanted a plastic uke and I have only read good things about the Dolphin.

UAS will be the death of me...

You are out of control! ;) Congrats! Make a vid when you get it. :D

no, but it can lead to Angry Spouse Syndrome, and everybody knows that A.S.S. can be deadly...

I've found everything I do leads to this. And when I think I'm safer not doing anything...that causes it too.:confused:

yep - sadly uk import makes no sense. total price delivered likely to be £40, and potential for VAT, duty and handling charges on top.

Wood dolphins in uk available for £20, so will just have to wait for plastics to work their way over here. boooo.

...but you CAN justify it if there's any other stuff in MGM's store you need/want. For example, he has great prices on good quality strings, cases and other accessories like wall hangers and so on and the postage would likely stay pretty much the same. In this way you could offset the postage in savings on other items that you will inevitably need someday - like good value Aquilas.

I'm just trying to give you some support in justifying your UAS is all...

...but you CAN justify it if there's any other stuff in MGM's store you need/want. For example, he has great prices on good quality strings, cases and other accessories like wall hangers and so on and the postage would likely stay pretty much the same. In this way you could offset the postage in savings on other items that you will inevitably need someday - like good value Aquilas.

I'm just trying to give you some support in justifying your UAS is all...

Hey, you're not helping the UAS! Or rather, you are, which is the whole point of this thread: stop it!

(I'm staying away from Ebay, I'm staying away from Ebay, I'm staying away from Ebay, I'm staying away from Ebay, I'm staying away from Ebay...)

Top Bottom