Recording Videos

NatalieLin6

Reaction score
In a little suburb outside of Detroit, Michigan.
Not sure if this is the right place for this post, if not, sorry.

I have been recording videos for over a year now. I use and have always used an old Sony Cybershot digital camera. It only has 4.1 mega pixels but says something about mpeg movie VX on it so it does look better than video recorded with my Kodak Easy Share 8.2 mega pixels. However, both look incredibly grainy and I think it is time for a new camera.

I was wondering what type of camera everyone uses. How is the quality? What is the price range? I would like a decent one, but prefer not to spend too much so I can save money for more ukes :D

Thank you for any insight you might have!

I use a Creative Vado (not HD ) . It's a lot like the Flip camera with the additional feature being able to record 1 hr in regular mode, and 2hrs in lower quality mode. Crazy cheap at MalWart... $70. If it died, I'd probably get another or maybe the HD version.

Frames per second? How does it do in low light? How is the sound quality? I am looking too. I use a Canon PowerShot A620. I like the video part that I get from it, but there is a hum/whine in the sound.

Thanks!

CountryMouse

from all the reading i did, i came to view the vado is better picture, and mino is better sound. However, i will be buying a zoom h2 mic for sound, so that was no biggie

I have a Logitech Pro 9000 webcam with RightLight and RightSound which can record in HD, has a better than average mic and is just a pretty handy thing to have generally around the PC.

Some good deals on Amazon right now, about half retail if you get the right listing

sorry, as for low light use - this was filmed in a dark gig - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNey3lQ55qw

Wow, that's great! I can see one of these cameras in my future! (next year--no money now!)

Thanks!

P.S. I use Windows Movie Maker now. How do I do a separate sound track (with an external mike) and add it/synch it properly?

CountryMouse

Top Bottom