Need help with uploading vids.

luke'nlele

UU+
Reaction score
We have a little vid of our ukulele playing to upload but have never done anything on You Tube. We've only had a channel for about a month. We have no experience uploading videos. We recorded the vid on our Hitachi videocam and were able to burn a DVD using Pixela software. When we tried to use Windows Moviemaker to upload to You Tube, we hit a deadend.:confused: Can anyone help us to work this out?

I don't think Windows Moviemaker directly uploads to YouTube? (Last I checked, which was a while ago)

You have to export your Moviemaker project as a video file (.wmv works) and then manually upload that to YouTube, by going to YouTube and clicking the yellow upload button featured on the top right whenever you are logged in.

Incredibly frustrated!

We couldn't upload from our video cam to Moviemaker at all. We hit a complete deadend with Moviemaker.

Using Pixela, we were able to upload the vid to our desktop, but it uploaded the vid as two files- one Audio_TS and the other Video_TS. We tried to use the You Tube upload button, but that did nothing.

Next, we used the Pixela program files (as above) to burn a DVD from our video cam. We now have a DVD that we can play in the DVD player.
Now, is there a way to upload from the DVD to You Tube?

Can anyone tell us how to do this in language we can understand? We have no experpience uploading videos, so we need step by step instructions. We could not get any help when we called tech support and everything we have read is like a totally different language to us.

We would really like to upload our ukelele videos to continue parrticipating in UU and to get some feedback. This has been incredibly frustrating!:wallbash::wallbash:

What format(s) does your vidcam save to? You may have options over the default settings.

You will need to make sure you select one youtube accepts or you will have to use some other program to convert the file to one it likes.

The file that got saved in the "video" folder on our desktop, is labeled as VOB file. The file information is VTS_01_1, VOB file, 40,952 KB. When we called Hitachi customer support, they said there isn't an option to change the formating from the default formatting, when transferring the video from the videocam. They told us we would have to create the DVD, and then use separate software to "RIP" the recording from the DVD and save it to a format that YouTube accepts.

How do we "RIP" the recording from a DVD recording we have made, and save it to an acceptable format? What is an acceptable file format that YouTube will accept?

You've got a few options for getting your video from your camcorder to YouTube.

The method I would use - import your video from the camcorder into Windows Movie Maker (or any video editing program) and save it as a WMV file, and then upload that file to YouTube. This video will help you understand how to do that.

If you still can't import the video in to Movie Maker, you can covert your VOB into any video file format. I don't have a PC, so I don't know which application is good for conversion, but after a quick search on download.com, it looks like Easy DVD Rip will do the job for you. It has a 7 day free trial.

I haven't done it, but it looks like with Windows Movie Maker you can use a videocam as a "capture device" recording directly to WMM. Of course, that's not going to help you convert something you've already saved, but might be worth trying in the future. :)

Edit: Here's one I found posted at a tech forum I frequent.

WinX HD Video Converter

WinX HD Video Converter is a professional video converter specially designed for HD video conversion. The friendly interface can assist you to effortlessly convert HD videos mutually with no loss of image & sound quality, like MTS, M2TS, TS, HD MP4, MKV, HD WMV, and HD MOV, etc. Besides, it also lets you convert between HD videos and regular AVI, MP4, MOV, WMV, etc.

To get the full version for free, please download the program and register with the following Information. Don't forget to share it with your friends!

Reg Name: HDgiveaway
Reg Code: WINXHVC-5230-1898-1278

Note: The original price of WinX HD Video Converter is $39.95. Now it is given away to all users. This offer starts from Dec.1st and will expire at 12:00am GMT Dec. 16th. During this period, you can get the full version for free on this page.
It lists VOB as one of the input formats.

Last edited:
Top Bottom