Accidental Uke in the UK

pugwash

Reaction score
Hi to everyone. I'm Dave and I've strummed a guitar for the last 35 years but recently it was my 50th birthday. I have a penchant for hawaiian shirts so I put the two together for an Hawaii Five Oh birthday night out.

Just to cap it off I bought a cheap uke for effect and now I'm hooked. I splashed out on a Fender Hau'oli and bought my 15 year old daughter a soprano uke with the instructions not to come downstairs until she can belt a tune out.
It took her 10 minutes so I guess we're hooked.

Welcome Dave! Great pic! :D

Welcome Dave! Great pic! :D

Taken just before the lady and I entered the local biker bar. A brave move but they appreciated Hotel California and Smoke on the Water. Either that or they liked Collette's costume :)

Welcome to UU Dave!

Only once did we go to a biker bar in our "hawaiian" shirts. The "What do they think this is? A f*cking Hawaiian Bar?" made us feel pretty unwelcome.

However, Welcome to UU!

Only once did we go to a biker bar in our "hawaiian" shirts. The "What do they think this is? A f*cking Hawaiian Bar?" made us feel pretty unwelcome.

However, Welcome to UU!

Must have been my great playing or my girlfriends great legs but they bought me a beer :) I have my own opinions....

Welcome to the Underground Dave.

Top Bottom