Hello From PDX (Portland, OR)

pdxuke

Reaction score
Glad I found you. Degree in music, teach Middle School Drama, play guitar, have a new uke and am learning chords and strum techniques. Figuring out tabs (keep wanting to read the chart and not the tabs and my fingers want to go where guitar notes would be!) and I'm getting the hang of it.

Own a Lanikai LU-21 C (Concert), just bought a pink Makala Dolphin for use in the classroom and have my eye of the Kala Pineapple, with the silkscreen or without (any opinions on these two?)

Find this forum and other sites very helpful, youtube video lessons are amazing, and I'm just enjoying the heck learning to play.

Aloha!

Thom

" my fingers want to go where guitar notes would be!"

my older brother plays guitar and has the same problem...I laugh at him...he deserves it for picking on me :D welcome to UU.

PDX, welcome to UU!

Welcome to the Underground :)

Welcome to the Underground Thom, from just across the river.

Glad I found you. Degree in music, teach Middle School Drama, play guitar, have a new uke and am learning chords and strum techniques. Figuring out tabs (keep wanting to read the chart and not the tabs and my fingers want to go where guitar notes would be!) and I'm getting the hang of it.

Own a Lanikai LU-21 C (Concert), just bought a pink Makala Dolphin for use in the classroom and have my eye of the Kala Pineapple, with the silkscreen or without (any opinions on these two?)

Find this forum and other sites very helpful, youtube video lessons are amazing, and I'm just enjoying the heck learning to play.

Aloha!

Thom

Welcome, Thom! Glad to have another Portlander in the Underground!

Top Bottom