learning blues guitar where to start

keithy351

Reaction score
g'day everyone, well ukulele was my first ever instrament, ive always wanted to learn and play blues on the guitar and its kinda time i start learning, so can anyone suggest where to begin, some good sites or tabs from where to start, im gonna be secretly learning on my bros electric guitar until i can save and afford an epiphone les paul guitar..

Learn the blues scale.
I'm pretty sure its just the minor pentatonic scale with an added flat 5th.
My favorite place to jam in blues is in Am, so the 5 note of the Am scale is an E, and if you flatten that its an Eflat (Eb) so the blue note for A(minor) would be Eb. Yet we still keep the 5th in the scale aswell as the flat 5th.

I guarantee this will do it. Sell all that you own and give me the money. All you get to keep are the clothes on your back and your uke (no extra strings!). We'll check back with you in a couple of years and you should have the blues down pat!

Homespun has some DVD's for blues. I have several on VHS I was just given and started with the one of the blues. Going real so far. Someone above posted learn 12 bar blues runs. That is right on track. I've found its not as mystical as I thought.

Top Bottom