Student Discounts??

Kite

Reaction score
This random thought just popped in my head as I was looking for my 2nd uke, but does anyone know of any brands/luthiers/stores/websites/etc. that off student discounts for their ukuleles?

I'm still a jobless high school senior in need of money :(
I have been saving up for a new uke, but some spare cash for college and holiday shopping would be nice too :D

And it seems like some of the best deals are from MGM. I especially like his free shipping+hard cases.

Dude-- if you live someplace where either
1)Grass is still growing
2)Snow is or will be falling

you can get some $$ the old fashioned way: go door to door and ask people if they'd like their lawns mowed or their sidewalks shoveled.
If you live in a city, forget about this...

Dude-- if you live someplace where either
1)Grass is still growing
2)Snow is or will be falling

you can get some $$ the old fashioned way: go door to door and ask people if they'd like their lawns mowed or their sidewalks shoveled.
If you live in a city, forget about this...

Yes :agree: It really is quite simple to make some extra money! How about saving all of your loose change every day??? :confused: Or forgo the Starbucks coffee and save $5 every day!!!

Heh our snow turns to rain which turns into a mess..

Well yea I've been fasting also to save the buck..gonna start living off of a dollar a day now.

And after cracking open the old coin bank I have about under $200 (considering the fees that will be taken away from those coin counting machines)

And after cracking open the old coin bank I have about under $200 (considering the fees that will be taken away from those coin counting machines)

just about every bank out there cashes out coins for no charge. Take it to your bank, or make your parents take it to their bank, or buy your friend McDonald's to take it to their bank, just don't pay 10% for something that's free.

just about every bank out there cashes out coins for no charge. Take it to your bank, or make your parents take it to their bank, or buy your friend McDonald's to take it to their bank, just don't pay 10% for something that's free.
Do banks have free coin counters? I've never seen one in a bank, and it used to be they'd only take rolled coins. If you don't want to do that and have a five-gallon jug of pennies, then 10% might not be so bad.

But if you're buying a $3 item, I think most places would prefer taking quarters over constantly having to break $20 bills for their customers. They hand out a lot of change.

Thanks for the bank tip! But luckily I found out a pharmacy around the corner recently got a free coin counter.

I guess my case now is a matter of saving as much money as possible and trying to choose a second uke out of all my options :drool:

Do banks have free coin counters? I've never seen one in a bank, and it used to be they'd only take rolled coins.

the three banks I've used in my lifetime all had theirs in the back, all you had to do was take your jar up to the counter and ask to deposit it.

I get a student discount on all my ukes. It is called financial aid:)

geez I gotta get around to applying for aid actually for college and whatnot haha.

but for now I'm down to digging up cans and bottles around my school for the spare cents.:2cents:

geez I gotta get around to applying for aid actually for college and whatnot haha.

but for now I'm down to digging up cans and bottles around my school for the spare cents.:2cents:

Seriously, I buy one ukulele every financial aid period. Here is another idea. Get you some mistle toe (it grows in oak trees) and cut it into pieces. Tie ribbons on these pieces and then take them and sale for a few dollars a piece. You should be able to make a few hundred before christmas.

Top Bottom