steve vai on a ukulele

rikgrimsby

Reaction score
wouldnt it be a fun thing to see?.......... i wonder what he'd be like on it or if he has ever played one.

Well... considering the 6 strings on a guitar was not enough for him and had to add a 7th, I don't think the limited range of an ukulele would be to his liking. Could be interesting though...

Well... considering the 6 strings on a guitar was not enough for him and had to add a 7th, I don't think the limited range of an ukulele would be to his liking. Could be interesting though...
am sure he'd be very good tho.

OMG! I've had this fantasy since I "switched" from guitar to uke - "The Ukulele Summit" - where all my fav pickers get together and burn. Yes, Vai would be there, and Jeff Beck, Joe Satriani, Robben Ford, Al DiMeola, Erics Johnson & Clapton, Jerry Douglas, Mike Campbell, Brian Setzer, Tom Morello, ahh, the list goes on and on...:music:

Actually, Vai would NOT be invited if he's gonna play like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiXR9ggRdFI

Last edited:

Well...you also have to get one of those uber expensive Eventide guitar harmonizers so you can harmonize your uke into the Dorian mode, lol. Maybe one of the luthiers here can make a new 5 string uke with the handle cut into it.

OMG! I've had this fantasy since I "switched" from guitar to uke - "The Ukulele Summit" - where all my fav pickers get together and burn. Yes, Vai would be there, and Jeff Beck, Joe Satriani, Robben Ford, Al DiMeola, Erics Johnson & Clapton, Jerry Douglas, Mike Campbell, Brian Setzer, Tom Morello, ahh, the list goes on and on...:music:

Actually, Vai would NOT be invited if he's gonna play like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiXR9ggRdFI

I spit iced tea all over my keyboard within the first three seconds of that video. Oh my god.

Would love to see Tom Morello or Jeff Beck on the uke.

Steve Vai's facial expressions give me nightmares, lol.

We be interesting though to see what he could do with a uke.

I'd pay to see Robert Fripp and Adrian Belew do the King Crimson track "Discipline" on uke.

I spit iced tea all over my keyboard within the first three seconds of that video. Oh my god.

Would love to see Tom Morello or Jeff Beck on the uke.
as seen as steve is prob the best in the world on guitar itd be good to see him on a uke

What the?

I saw Steve Vai play with David Lee Roth back in '86 on the Eat'em and Smile tour and he shredded.

That video looks more like a clip from Spinal Tap - yikes. Why were they applauding?

I saw Steve Vai play with David Lee Roth back in '86 on the Eat'em and Smile tour and he shredded.

That video looks more like a clip from Spinal Tap - yikes. Why were they applauding?
That's actually the late great StSanders doing these "shreds" - absolutely brilliant stuff. Check out his other ones, like the Eddie Van Halen, Clapton, Santana, et al... My favorite is this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5oJoUYTb8

I saw Vai just before the Roth stint performing in Frank Zappa's band, along with Adrian Belew. Zappa, Belew and Vai on the same stage... Man. Still get shivers thinkin' about that show.

Last edited:
Top Bottom