New Player From Charleston

JJ1726

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just started playin the ukuele about 3 or 4 months ago, and I'm just now startin to get the hang of it. Its just a fun little instrument. Really, I'm a drummer at heart(9 years exp.) and this is my first stringed instrument, so its takin a little gettin used too, but I'm gettin it, slowly, but surely.

I'll see you guys(and girls) around the forums

-JJ

Last edited:
welcome... you'll find the uke to be quite the percussive instrument also.

Charleston? Where? Which Charleston? I spent a good deal of time in Charleston, South Carolina back in my Navy days. Could have lived out my time there had fate seen fit to make it so. Worked part time at the Pizza Hut on Rivers Avenue for a bit then also out in Summerville.

Also passed through Charleston, West Virginia. Capital city, don't ya know.

Ukes is good. Adaptable to many styles of music. Keep at it, it won't take long.

....Worked part time at the Pizza Hut on Rivers Avenue for a bit then also out in Summerville.

Back in the 80's, my apartment was furnished y the Pizza Hut on River Road. My roommates and I started off by "borrowing" silverware and plates. It quickly escalated to larger item like chairs and the curtains.

Charleston? Where? Which Charleston?

Charleston, South Carolina

Back in the 80's, my apartment was furnished y the Pizza Hut on River Road. My roommates and I started off by "borrowing" silverware and plates. It quickly escalated to larger item like chairs and the curtains.

Similar story, all my silverware is property of Gilroys, or used to be anyway :D

Back in the 80's, my apartment was furnished by the Pizza Hut on River Road.

River Road. OK, shows how long it's been since I was there. I rode a boomer out of Charleston for a year or two and lived in an apartment in Hanahan. This was circa 1979-1980. We used to roller skate at a place around the corner from the Pizza Hut. Spent some time down at Battery Park. Good days.

JJ - what made you think that picking up a ukulele was a good idea?

welcome to uu ! i hope you enjoy it ! lots to learn here

Top Bottom