KoAloha Concert Sceptre

MartinLil

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I had a Classical guitar for trade for a uke here and on the flea market. Last friday I was contacted by a wonderful woman named Carolyn. She was interested in the guitar with a trade for her KoAloha concert Sceptre that she had for sale. First, KoAloha is my favorite type of uke. Second, concert is my favorite size. Third, Sceptres are just awesome all the way around!!! After looking at pictures, emailing back and forth, and thinking for a couple hours just to make sure, we decided on a trade. The instruments would be sent express and we would have a three day trial.

The Sceptre got to me in a day and a half. The Guild, however, took four days to get to her. It was sent FedEx express so it should have taken three days. Instead, it took four. We were nervous about the guitar arriving in the perfect condition that I sent it in. Luckily, it arrived exactly how I sent it! The trade is official. So, the Guild Gad-C3 is hers and the KoAloha concert Sceptre is alllllllllll mine!!! :drool: :D :drool:

The sound in incredible! The koa is gorgeous! And this little lady feels right at home in my hands! This is one LOUD ukulele. The sustain goes is forever and the intonation is right on! Whatever I demand, this uke can do and more! I couldn't have wished for a better uke or a better person to do a trade with.

What's even better than me having this is uke, though, is that on top of that my classical guitar is in the hands that will love, play and enjoy her! So, two happy players and two happy instruments!

I also want to ad that this Sceptre was purchased in September by the original owner (from the famous MGM). So, it came from the factory with KoAloha fluorocarbon strings. I talked to Brian at KoAloha on the phone just last night about strings. They have the strings ready but the packaging isn't quite done yet. He suggested Worth BL's or Worth CM's. I love the KoAloha fluorocarbon strings and have decided to go with some Worth Clear Mediums (CM's). I'll update as soon as I get the Sceptre strung up with those! I'm thinking it will get a little brighter and louder. I love my instruments as bright, loud, and crisp as they can be! This, of course, will be easy for this little Sceptre. :D

My camera has taken a dive for the worst. But, pictures will be posted. I promise!

KoAloha does make some exquisite instruments - both sound and looks. Congrats on the trade and hopefully we'll be soon be seeing the Sceptre in action.

Sweet trade! The Sceptre is a beauty AND a beast. Also glad to hear that KoAloha strings are coming! They're my favorites.

i was trying to trade her for that uke also..i sent her an email yesterday only a day late and a dollar short

Congrats on a nice trade!!! Looking forward to the pics!! :drool:

Another satisfied KoAloha Sceptre owner. :)

Another satisfied KoAloha Sceptre owner. :)

I say it as "another satisfied KoAloha owner" too. Aren't they lovely instruments?:D

Top Bottom