Guitar Center catalog: Lanikai LU22 concert?

Sambient

Reaction score
Well gee Guitar Center, I've heard of the LU21.
And when I look at the stock number for the item its LU22CGC, which makes me think it's a model specific to Guitar Center. Which makes your "guaranteed lowest price" of $99 something of an empty promise. Specs in the catalog are the same as for LU21C. Which can be had plenty of places for less than $99.
And then it's not even on Guitar Center's website.
Something of a fictitious character.

I saw this today at my local guitar center, no info for it on the web though. Definitely has more detail than the LU21C. White stripes on the bridge, a white rosette and better tuners maybe. It looks really nice, I didn't play it, but I would suspect it sounds just like the LU21

It is not uncommon for a chain of stores to get a variation on an item from a manufacturer. I used to work in the athletic shoe business, and we used to make up special versions for JC Penney, Footlocker, etc. Usually it was just a different color combination. In the old days, before the "best price" guarantees were around, it was just to have something special or different than the other retailers.

My guess is that the differences in the Lanikai models are mostly cosmetic. Notice the item number ends in GC (for Guitar Center, no doubt). I believe Musician's Friend is owned by Guitar Center too. I have sometimes found price differences between the two sites, and they will honor the lower price if you call them. But having a unique model number does ensure nobody else will have the exact item for less.

–Lori

Looks like gold tuners and more details on LU-22

LU-22
LU-21

Hi Sambient,

I played one over in Cherry Hill GC, a nice uke indeed.
Good volume, comfortable, attractive, and priced right they offered to
take 10% off the price. I passed and bought a pedal for my guitar.
Check em out if you get time.

Cheers.

Guitar Center and the GuitarCenter.com are the same company, but considered more of two separate entities. Instore items maybe exclusive to the stores while items that are on the website maybe online exclusive items as well. The GC booklets come direct from stores and are meant as instore items. Hope this helps abit.

Top Bottom