Hey from Vegas :D

spacecakegirl

Reaction score
Hello!

Just wanted to say hi. I had three signs from the uke gods telling me to pick up the ukulele (heard Zee Avi on NPR, saw a dude playing a uke in San Diego, saw Bette Middler on the Strip and she ends her show with a ukulele), so I found a ukulele club in Las Vegas and three months later here I am. (If you're ever in Vegas come to ukulele club! We're on meetup.com and we love visitors).

I have a cheap little Mitchell concert that my husband bought me when I had no idea what I wanted. He now has a Flea, I'm looking to get a nice-ish soprano in the future.

I like to play a lot of contemporary music like Weezer, Death Cab, the Ramones, Ingrid Michealson, Zee Avi, etc. :D

I am also in the process of maybe starting a ukulele club at the high school where I teach. I've got a performance coming up (teachers pair up with students to embarrass themselves in front of the school - a student and I are playing "Hey Soul Sister" on a pair of ukes), so I've been playing my ukulele in between classes to advertise and now I have a handful of students who really really really want to learn. I have no idea where I'm going to find the time and how we're going to afford to buy some ukes but I'm really excited nonetheless.

I'm pretty young (23) and in my short time I've picked up a variety of instruments and dropped them very quickly, but the ukulele is totally my instrument. I look forward to learning more!

You have great taste in music! Welcome to UU, SCG!

Hi spacecakegirl, are you Brittni? I'm one of the Vegas Uke club members, and I think I remember you. I had to miss a meeting or two, I was the one with the Cigar Box Uke at one of our meetings.

Glad you found your way here, and see you at the Uke Club again soon!

David

Hi spacecakegirl, are you Brittni? I'm one of the Vegas Uke club members, and I think I remember you. I had to miss a meeting or two, I was the one with the Cigar Box Uke at one of our meetings.

Glad you found your way here, and see you at the Uke Club again soon!

David

I am indeed brittany! Nice to meet you on the internet! :D

Sorry I spelled your name wrong. I had to miss a couple of meetings but hope to get to the next one. December 19th at noon if I recall. Anyone else in Vegas who doesn't know about us yet, speak up and I'll send details.

NICE :D Didn't know there was a club here in vegas :) I'm from vegas to. Welcome to UU.

Welcome Brittany. Great username there! :D

Top Bottom