The Great Unofficial April 2008 Ukulele Giveaway Contest Thread

UkeNinja

Reaction score
The Great Unofficial April 2008 Ukulele Giveaway Contest Discussion Thread

Don't know if this is appropriate as a Junior Member... The Great Unofficial April 2008 Ukulele Giveaway Contest Thread!

For all your compliments, info exchange, subliminal messages to the *pick me pick me pick me* moderators, and all-round banter about the contest.

Personal impression:
Thinking about making the video was great, then not knowing whether it could be done before the deadline was frustrating, but finding out that Hawaii is a day behind seen from Japan was like a shot of adrenaline and I shot my entry at a park at 7:30 in the morning. Great fun.

I would like to kick off with a question as well: on the entry page, there is some background music that I can't seem to turn down. It makes watching the vids very hard without sound... What is the solution / where is the music coming from??? >> edit: Thanks to Dominator's tip, I was able to turn it off.

Last edited:
im sure Ryan would have made a thread and put their video and some information on www.ukuleleunderground.com home page

your probably excited but it could be a while for an answer to come. So i guess this could be the thread, unless Ryan or one of the mods say so :D

good luck to everybody

im sure Ryan would have made a thread...your probably excited but...good luck to everybody

Sure, but what is a forum without affirmative action from its users? All with the best of intentions, and it's the "unofficial" one, so it should be OK. Very excited indeed, even though I am aware that Hawaii is now sleeping.

I looked through most of the videos at Youtube by ways of the tags, really nice to see what's going on elsewhere in the world. Some of you guys and girls have some great playing in there as well. Time to get away from the screen and practice a bit. cheers,

I haven't seen em all, but I really enjoyed each one I watched! The only regret is that there isn't enough ukuleles to go around for each of you!

hahahaha! subliminal messages eh? pick me! pick me! pick me! pick me! pick me! pick me! pick me! pick me! pick me! pick me! pick me! pick me! pick me! pick me! pick me! pick me! pick me!

Last edited:
I would like to kick off with a question as well: on the entry page, there is some background music that I can't seem to turn down. It makes watching the vids very hard without sound... What is the solution / where is the music coming from???

It is music from the SLIDE SHOW that yomogimogi submitted. You need to mute the sound from it.

Perhaps getting the thread up before the results are out was a bit too much :)
In whatever way the results may turn out, getting a closer look at some fellow members combined with the discovery that making videos is actually great fun, has already made this contest a success for me.
Sleep has been haunted lately by Hawaiian vamps, failing triple-strums, and images of stepping on my Fluke by accident for the last three days... Anyone getting nervous yet? :eek:

[/7-day bump]

Good luck everyone! Yours was still my fave, Uke Ninja.

Yes! Ukeninja's submission was hillarious with just the right amount of creepyness to make it unforgettable.

Yeah Good Luck to everyone!!!

Me too, and good luck everyone!

I get home from work at 8 EST... which is like... 3pm in Hawaii time? So... I'm hoping the results will be up by then. If not... I guess I'll find out by tomorrow.

I'd say you've got a good chance, Valerie. Good luck! I just IM'ed Ryan hoping to get a scoop. No dice. :(

sorry we keep forgetting that we are waaay behind you guys. I just woke up its 8:30 in the morning right now. We'll should have some sort of announcement up by the end of the day.

Top Bottom