lanikai lk

maryw

Reaction score
hello do any of you have this ukulele and is it worth it for this price? how does the sound compare to a real kanilea or koaloha or kamaka

I have a LK 1C........ I thought they were discontinued....... They are made by Kanilea for Lanikai and it is the best Lanikai uke ever made......

If I had to choose between a Lanikai LK1C and Kanilea...... I would choose the Kanilea if they were roughly the same price.......

If you can get the Lanikai at a good price, I would get the Lanikai because then you would have aKanilea at Lanikai price!!!!!

Lanikai LK 1SC

I have the LK-1SC, which is the super concert: concert body, tenor scale.

I LOVE IT!!! Had it about 3 years and it's super. I, also, was unaware that they're still available. In recent conversations with Kanile'a about the uke, they spoke of having made ukes for Lanikai in the past, before they got too busy to do so.

It does not have the special TRU bracing system of Kanile'a, but that might be due to its age.

If you're not buying from a reputable dealer, I'd contact Kanile'a or Lanikai about the instrument.

In short, it's as good an instrument as you could ever want. I like it almost as much as Aldrine's, which I was fortunate enough to get to play.

Hope this helps.

John

ya i was wondering about these too. whoever has one, can they tell me how it sounds compared to a koolau tenor or koaloha tenor?

could anyone who has one of these make a video or just tell me how the sound compares with the old bracing versus the new bracing of a kanilea or any other nice uke?

Top Bottom