uke3453

Wow! Amazing what can happen when you start them out young.

bless his little heart!!! he is making some of the greatest faces ever...totally adorable

and way better than what i can do....as im far to scared to attempt that song

Normally I'm a little put off by child prodigy videos, they're often too precise. But what I really like about this kid is:

1) His playing is not perfect (terrifyingly good for his age, but not perfect)
2) The random screams, made up words, weird faces and freakouts he throws in.
3) He's obviously playing for fun and not because someone made him practice four hours a day.

All of his videos are great.

That made my night, and also made me feel like even more of a hack

I just hope that the kids parents are good about understanding when the kids want to do something else. Some parents push too much.

Amen Pippen. I have made many of parents mad when i suggest that they shouldn't push their kid too much in certain areas.

Craaaap! How cool!
I do love that he seems to be into it and enjoying himself. I hope it is always like that for him.

cute kid!!! hes totally having fun! good job! and ma-i-na-ku-ma-na to you! jejejeje
Raf-

Oh, what a treat! The kid looks to be, what? 6-7-8ish? And having a total blast playing.

thanks for the link.

i certainly subbed him...hes too freaking cute

Normally I'm a little put off by child prodigy videos, they're often too precise. But what I really like about this kid is:

1) His playing is not perfect (terrifyingly good for his age, but not perfect)
2) The random screams, made up words, weird faces and freakouts he throws in.
3) He's obviously playing for fun and not because someone made him practice four hours a day.

All of his videos are great.

Agreed! I usually cringe at child prodigy videos (failed musician parents forcing their kid to parrot classic rock riffs is more opportunistic and cheesy than cute), but this kid is the real deal! No performance coach can teach this kind of enthusiasm. The foot movements and big smiles really make it!

This is really cool.

Has anyone here tried teaching 4-5 year olds how to play the uke? I've seen a couple of instructional DVDs for kids by Marcy Marxer and Ralph Shaw, and am wondering if I should give them a try. Any suggestions? I promise not to push my son to learn. :)

Yeah it looks like he is having fun. That is so good to see.

Have a Great Day.
Jim

This kid pretty much is my favorite kid. Ever. hahaha he also looks like one of my freinds when they were young! Kinda creepy..

This is really cool.

Has anyone here tried teaching 4-5 year olds how to play the uke? I've seen a couple of instructional DVDs for kids by Marcy Marxer and Ralph Shaw, and am wondering if I should give them a try. Any suggestions? I promise not to push my son to learn. :)

7 is the youngest I've taught, and even that can be a bit of a stretch. Although this kid looks about 5 to me (although his fine motor skills look to be about on par with a 9 year old).

Anyways, I'm going to go watch those videos again. Apologies to everyone else who's covered "I'm Yours," but his version is the only enjoyable one I've ever seen.

I wish I could meet his parents! Seems they have done a great job in giving this kid the gift of music!

jeez that kid shreds for a 12yo and not to mention people hes pickin and strumming that thing on a 6 string, wow im fairly blown away that song is pretty hard to play good on him

Top Bottom