I had to buy it.

ZombieSaint

Reaction score
Found this uke on eBay and then found it cheaper by lots on Amazon and I had to buy it. I mean c'mon, it's half way between a standard and a pineapple. What that means practically is that it's bean shaped.

In addition to that, it has four dolphins (individually cut thank you) and the word Hawaii on it. In mind, this may be the perfect uke. Oh and it's even playable.

It appears to be roughly a sopranino size. The sound is sort of muted as you would expect, but hey, it was only $15. I couldn't resist.

I'll include a pic of it next to my Kamoa Soprano Pineapple for scale and a pic of the lovely hand written note they sent.

Attachments

• DSCF1028.jpg
    DSCF1028.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCF1029.jpg
    DSCF1029.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 102
Link?

Wow, that's cute. Would love to have a link where you bought it.

Have you upgraded strings and played it?

Great looking uke! Looks like a kidney bean. What kind of hat is on your avatar? I like that hat.
Ernest

That's way cool. Can't find a reason not to get that one. Doug

Link-a-roo

The hat is a wool felt pork pie hat from the Miller Hat company. They were the only people I could find who had the coconut straw hat I wanted in fitted sizes, Since then, I like to buy from them when I can. They do a good job.

Also, fair warning on the uke, it has it's issues both with cosmetics and intonation, but at $15 I just feel they are all easily overlookable... and of course it makes me smile when I look at it.

I saw this one recently on Amazon and yeah, find it quite the tempting little novelty.

Just because I'm nosy (and horribly dyslexic...) Could someone post what the note said? I've a text to speech program on my computer, but alas, it cannot translate pixels.

~Valerie

Note says:

Dear Andrew,

Aloha! Thank you for purchasing your order on Amazon. We appreciate your business. I hope the enjoy the dolphin. The pieces are hand cut. It's nice to know that we could bring the 'aloha' spirit to Ranson! Mahalo once again!

I can't really make the signature out.

Looks like it would be fun to pick one of these up on Amazon- for $15 it's hard to go wrong. I'd be curious to hear what it'd sound like with decent strings on it. Anyone know what you string something this size with? Soprano strings? Do they make sopranino strings?

The bean shape is also common with tehe original RISA Ukulele. Of course they are way more expensive than your recent purchase. Congrats!

Risa_concert_vorn.jpg

I see these at the Aloha Stadium swap meet, pretty cute kidney bean shape. I wonder how much those 4 wood dolphins glued to the sound board impact the sound quality? I prefer the planer Honu model (honus don't hurt), and suspect a slight improvement in sound quality.
51FVNJR07DL._SS500_.jpg

Top Bottom