Ukulele Lesson 5 - Wonderful Tonight

That was awesome!

BTW - I love pickin' da G-String too! :D

OH MY GOD!!! I go to my RSS reader on this happy May Day, and the first thing in my "local news" tab (which is normally filled with Honolulu Advertiser stuff) is the new UU lesson. I'm so stoked. I had been wanting to learn Aldrine's version of this song since I heard him play it in the first live online session that I attended. WOOOOOOOT!

Edit: And just in time for prom too. :)

Thanks so much for the lesson Aldrine. Each lesson is a gift that I appreciate. I was wondering if you had a performance of the song posted in its entirety. It would help me to realy get it down if I could jam the song all the way through with you.

Thanks Brother

yay a new song to learn! :) Thanks much Aldrine and friends. hehe

haha I've wondered that too Aldrine. "Now made with real cheese!" haha wtf? seriously what was I eating before it was cheese?! O_O

Last edited:
i first heard this song and listened to it until i could sing every single word..

I can't wait to learn it.. ill make time this week to learn it ^^ looks fairly easy..

For some reASOn im really struggling with D now.. i don't know why but i can't do it anymore, how do u get good at switching chords?? just keep donig it and practise im guessing lol?

i've finally chunked! For the longest time it never worked out for me, but last night I got it down! The riff portion is a breeze too!

Aldrine thanks!

tabbed here for everyone (fine really just my future reference!)

Code:
A|-----^-------------^-----------^----------2--3--5/7--5--
E|-----5--3--3H5-----5--3--------5--3--3H5--3--5--7/8--7--
C|--2-------------2--------4--2---------------------------
G|--------------------------------------------------------

^
5 = bend on the 5 and appropriate string.

/ = slide

H = hammer

Aldrine! Man! I love your videos! This is definitely my favorite one! I found this song easy to learn, play and sing. Plus it is funny as hell at the end. Thanks a bunch for that!

I also like the strumming pattern symbols -- it was easy as pie to follow up.

Aloha!

Superb lesson Aldrine and co.! The "outtakes" had me rolling with laughter!

Omega props.

Last edited:
Also pretty cool to see that Koa Pili Koko get some more action. I kind of like the "dry" sound it has, like there's a little bit of a rough edge. Perhaps it's just the video...?

Anyway... any more impressions about the KPK tenor? It looks like a good option in that price range.

A suggestion to complete these video lessons is to show Aldrine play the song once everything has been laid out. As a beginner I can say that that addition to the videos would help out a lot us beginners. Rather than just bits and pieces of the song throughout the video.
For example, I got this song down (the chords, picking and singing) but when i put all together I can get a little lost here and there (tempo and sync) and if there was the song played out from start to end would pull all the strings together. There's no reference better than the man himself, Aldrine, playing the entire song. It's different when you watch Eric Clapton on YouTube playing electric guitar and you try to follow up with your uke.
In my case, once I get the chords down, then the strumming and finally the lyrics I find it hard to put it at flow as well as the video show us. I then try to scan thru the parts where Aldrine is playing the song so I can observe him to tie all together.

That's how I feel and maybe I'm asking for too much. It's just a suggestion.

Aloha.

Last edited:
A suggestion to complete these video lessons is to show Aldrine play the song once everything has been laid out. As a beginner I can say that that addition to the videos would help out a lot us beginners. Rather than just bits and pieces of the song throughout the video.

I agree. It is a great lesson, but could use a section where all the pieces are put together. Thanks so much you guys and keep it up.

Mahalo Nui Loa

Awesome lesson, thank you Aldrine! Even for a beginner like me (i've only been playing for 5 weeks) it was fairly easy to learn.
Keep em coming! Hail UU!

For example, I got this song down (the chords, picking and singing) but when i put all together I can get a little lost here and there (tempo and sync) and if there was the song played out from start to end would pull all the strings together. There's no reference better than the man himself, Aldrine, playing the entire song. It's different when you watch Eric Clapton on YouTube playing electric guitar and you try to follow up with your uke.
In my case, once I get the chords down, then the strumming and finally the lyrics I find it hard to put it at flow as well as the video show us. I then try to scan thru the parts where Aldrine is playing the song so I can observe him to tie all together.

That's how I feel and maybe I'm asking for too much. It's just a suggestion.

Aloha.

Sorry dude. We kind of dropped the gun on this one. I usually make a video BEFORE we release the lesson hahaha. Oh well... next time I guess ya? :D

Top Bottom