A late introduction

jer989

Reaction score
Hi UU-
I've been registered (and lurking) since last spring, but I've only started posting in the last month or so - so I guess I'm new-ish. Anyhow - I'm 36 and from upstate New York (near Rochester) and have been only playing since May '09 so I'm definitely a beginner (and haven't touch an instrument before that since playing electric guitar back in high school 20 years ago -back when I was a total little metal head! :eek:)

I decided that I wanted to play an instrument again after realizing that I kind of missed playing, but also after seeing how much fun my kids were having learning and playing their instruments (my 2 oldest are in middle school, one plays trombone, the other, flute). So I looked around online to find out what instruments were relatively easy to learn (even after playing guitar way back when I wasn't great at it and had absolutely no understanding of music theory at all!) - so it was down to harmonica, ukulele, or Irish penny whistle. I really wasn't into harmonica, and after listening to penny whistle I just wasn't feeling it AT ALL, and I knew that one of my new favorite bands, Beirut used a uke in their lineup. (check them out if you've never heard of them, they're one of the only indie/rock/folk bands that uses a ukulele as one of the primary instruments in the band!) - so that's how I ended up here!

Sorry for such a long intro - and thank's to everyone here who has already given me such great advice and been so helpful.
-jeremy

Rock on! Welcome to everything you already know is here.:)

Top Bottom