PDA

View Full Version : What is Santa Bringing You?

clayton56
12-08-2009, 07:01 AM
will there be a uke under your tree this year? If so, what?

I'm a little excited, I ordered my first Ko'olau; a soprano in 'ulawood. It may not arrive by Christmas but then again, it might.

After that, I can't think of any more ukes I want until I'm ready to splurge on a custom of my favorite brand (and I haven't decided yet which brand that is)

brickerenator
12-08-2009, 07:04 AM
I'm hoping a Fluke or a Mainland

retrozombi
12-08-2009, 07:07 AM
A pineapple soprano Eleuke.

It already came in, and I've played with it, but it's going back under the tree in another week or so. :)

Sambient
12-08-2009, 07:13 AM
I don't know for sure, I gave Santa a list of "ukuleles of interest".
There's gonna be some strings in my Christmas stocking, I'm pretty confident of that.

Ahnko Honu
12-08-2009, 07:15 AM
A pineapple soprano Eleuke.

It already came in, and I've played with it, but it's going back under the tree in another week or so. :)

Argh gotta wait 3 weeks for a review? :mad::D;)

retrozombi
12-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Argh gotta wait 3 weeks for a review? :mad::D;)

:D

I might be persuaded to give out details a wee bit sooner.

12-08-2009, 08:04 AM
a stocking full of coal.

Uke.
12-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Ohana CK35GS :D

Sambient
12-08-2009, 09:02 AM
And there will definitely be one under the tree.
I pretty much ignored my husband's claim of "I have two, I don't need another ukulele."

Sure you do, sweetie. Just you wait.

AnnaUK
12-08-2009, 09:09 AM
I've asked Father Christmas to bring me the DVD of the Ukulele Orchestra's recent Proms outing.

Guess what I'll be forcing everyone else to watch on Christmas Day :D
Ha ha ha ha

Melissa82
12-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Nothing at all. :(

rpeters
12-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Kala Travel Tenor from MGM!

I'm really excited as this is my second uke, and my first tenor. Now I will be able to reach all the notes that I hear Jake play, AND I can try out low G tuning! White Sandy Beach here I come!!!

thisnthat
12-08-2009, 09:23 AM
I've asked Father Christmas to bring me the DVD of the Ukulele Orchestra's recent Proms outing.
That's what I might ask for this Christmas. :)
I'd love to get a concert Uke but I can't see it happening.

mailman
12-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I'd be thrilled with just about anything uke-related, but it's not gonna happen. For reasons I can't understand, my wife is just generally upset by my interest in ukulele.

I'd love a Mainland mahogany, or strings, or songbooks, or some polish....anything! Heck I'd consider it a gift just to get uke approval....

UkeRupp
12-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Santa will be delivering a Kala Tenor KA-TE to my door step via UPS (which we all know is Santa's sleigh in disguise :)) It will be my second ukulele and I cannot wait! I am in college, so I told my parents to not tell me when it comes... don't want to want the thoughts of it being so close yet so far away dancing in my head haha

T-UKEL
12-08-2009, 10:52 AM
i would love for hannukah harry to bring me any uke (cough cough koaloha) but we all know that isnt happening:(

UkeRupp
12-08-2009, 10:53 AM
I'd be thrilled with just about anything uke-related, but it's not gonna happen. For reasons I can't understand, my wife is just generally upset by my interest in ukulele.

I'd love a Mainland mahogany, or strings, or songbooks, or some polish....anything! Heck I'd consider it a gift just to get uke approval....
My first girlfriend was like that... she hated that I played the uke and not the guitar... Thank God the girl I am with now loves it!

Nurdaben
12-08-2009, 12:40 PM

im sorry melissa, do you have family that lives by you in GA or are they all in Canada?

Melissa82
12-08-2009, 12:56 PM
im sorry melissa, do you have family that lives by you in GA or are they all in Canada?They are in Canada. But they don't celebrate xmas anyways.

ukulelegal
12-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Santa is sending me FOUR, yes you heard right four!!! ukes for my nieces and nephews in my vids on youtube. His awesomeness abounds! :P

nikolo727
12-08-2009, 04:03 PM
no uke this year. no what im getting for christmas is a house in kentucky. lol anything to be closers to all the ukers. :D

Valerie
12-08-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm getting a Cornfedgroove Cigar Box Ukulele

And!!! Ken Middleton's ebook of bluegrass tunes!!!

It's gonna be a great winter Holiday!

keithy351
12-08-2009, 04:30 PM
santas promissed me a big welcome home gift, flat broke from moving back and promises have become high (rumours has it family is all chipping in for some new golf clubs or what i hope a new driver and a new putter)

Steve vanPelt
12-08-2009, 04:42 PM
a stocking full of coal.

could use it. it's been cold.

mangorockfish
12-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Look out guys and gals. 'cause here comes the ultimate Christmas gift. A
Mainland gloss mahogany tenor with a MiSi pickup. Sweet Dumplin ordered it for me and I checked it out and told her it was OK and she told me to forget it until Chridtmas.:mad:

CountryMouse
12-08-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm not supposed to think/remember too much of what I put on my amazon.com wish list, but I think there was at least one uke DVD and some uke songbooks. :)

CountryMouse

pdxuke
12-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Santa Baby is already leaving me a watermelon Kala:)http://ukerepublic.com/images/2009_0127_020_.JPG

But there's also going to be some green coming my way, so immediately after the holidays, I may well be able to spring for my first Mainland!:D I'm thinkin' PINEAPPLE! http://shop.mainlandukuleles.com/product.sc?productId=33&categoryId=3:iwant:

Ronnie Aloha
12-08-2009, 06:18 PM
They are in Canada. But they don't celebrate xmas anyways.

Melissa,

I hope you can take this as consolation but your husband's service and your family's sacrifice allows all of us to celebrate the holidays through the religions of our choice and with our family and friends.

You are all in my thoughts at this time of year.

kenikas
12-08-2009, 06:58 PM

Mailman, I can relate! my wife isn't to thrilled with my new found little friends. But my schmoopie finally agreed that I'd been good enough this year to get a Koalana Sapele concert, and MGM is all sold out!! So now I have to find something in that price range and want a solid. I've been looking hard at the Kala Acacia, the Ohana CK 35GS, and the Mainland Mahogany. But they are all about $100 more than "Santa" has agreed to so I'm also looking at the KPK and Melokia Acacia's, and the Melokia Mahogany. I just hope I can decide before Christmas!

haole
12-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Probably not getting anything uke-related this year. Everyone I know thinks that I had too many ukes about three uke aquisitions ago.

Rick
12-08-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm not entirely sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion that my uke club leader is buying me a KoAloha Concert Sceptre.

Just a sneaking suspicion. I mean, when I first told her I wanted one, she was interested in having a half-half deal, and she recently helped buy a Luna Ukulele (of which are super gud for their price). Then my friend Sammy (Failey on these boards) recently told me not to spend money on an ukulele this month. When I asked why she said, "just not this month. Trust me"

Sneaking supsicion? Possible KoAloha christmas?!?! You be the judge.

Dannn
12-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Santa/Hannukah Harry is having Gordon and Char build me a Mya-Moe. Tenor tradition in mango. I must have been extremely good this year.

BUGOY
12-08-2009, 09:47 PM
I dont know about this Santa fellow, But my GF got me a BOSE L1 Compact system AND and a Kala Travel Tenor!!! yea... she's the BEST in the WORLD!!!

Ahnko Honu
12-08-2009, 11:59 PM
I'm more a Festivus kind of guy, and I have a aluminum pole in the crawl space. Maybe there'll be a Festivus miracle, and I'll have my custom pineapple complete by the 23rd! Festivus for the rest of us! ;)
http://festivusweb.com/

euchre
12-09-2009, 02:59 AM
I introduced my gift in a previous thread, but since you asked... Sugar Boogers got me a Mainland Mahogany Soprano with faux 'gator case. It's been rigorously tested and is now packed away safely until Hanukwanzmas. I sure do love that woman!

Mainland Soprano (http://crabbeyroad.com/mainland)

And I have reason to believe Daddy's not-so-little-girl-anymore will find a red burst Makala Dolphin via MGM beside the Festivus pole, which also happens to be on her birthday.

tom

dnewton2
12-09-2009, 03:34 AM
I'm more a Festivus kind of guy, and I have a aluminum pole in the crawl space. Maybe there'll be a Festivus miracle, and I'll have my custom pineapple complete by the 23rd! Festivus for the rest of us! ;)
http://festivusweb.com/

I thought you were finished getting ukes this year:D (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22850)

I don't know too much about what I am getting except the stylophone beatbox. I hope I get the UU video. No ukes are forseen under my christmas tree this year.

molokinirum
12-09-2009, 04:22 AM
Hopefully getting a beater uke to take to the beach, outside etc. :D

RevWill
12-09-2009, 05:05 AM
I was hoping for Mainland boat shape but now I'm leaning toward a Zoom H2.

fivetide
12-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Hopefully the concert uke I ordered from the States back in mid-November which seems to be slowly blowing to the UK tied to a ball of tumbleweed...

Ahnko Honu
12-09-2009, 06:52 AM
I thought you were finished getting ukes this year:D (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22850)

This one don't count because it was paid for months ago. ;)

Skrik
12-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Satan's bringing me some well-deserved peace and quiet.

pulelehua
12-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Kala Concert Acacia for me. And Santa let me know that my 2-year old will be getting a lovely green (or, as he would say, guween) Makala dolphin.

My wife is a violinist, so we will officially be a 4-string family.

JT_Ukes
12-09-2009, 12:18 PM
I hope to get my NightGig Sonny Daze CBU back before Christmas... if no, All I'm getting is the bills...

pohsuwed
12-09-2009, 06:10 PM
We are hoping to be a four string family for Christmas as well. We have the following strings so far:

C - Christian
E - Emily
A - Anna

We are hoping for news that a fourth will be on the way. The kids and I think he/she needs a "G" name so we don't have to use "Grandma" to remember all the strings anymore!

UkuLeLesReggAe
12-09-2009, 06:32 PM
I don't like knowing what people buy me, I just appreciate what I get. As everybody else should do the same I buy presents for.

thisnthat
12-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Kala Concert Acacia for me. And Santa let me know that my 2-year old will be getting a lovely green (or, as he would say, guween) Makala dolphin.
Aww, so cute. My little girl (also 2 years old) is getting a pink Makala Dolphin. As she told me in the way only two years old can what she wanted from Santa.
"A pink keyboard and a pink Ukulele. That's all I want."
If only she will be so easy to please in a few years time. :)

CountryMouse
12-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Aww, so cute. My little girl (also 2 years old) is getting a pink Makala Dolphin. As she told me in the way only two years old can what she wanted from Santa.
"A pink keyboard and a pink Ukulele. That's all I want."
If only she will be so easy to please in a few years time. :)

She's gonna be a happy little girl! :-)

CountryMouse

Big_Fred
12-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Santa is bringing me a Concert Surf Fluke with rosewood fretboard. I already swapped out the standard strings for a set of BM-LG Worths. Plays and sounds great! Back under the tree for now.

Melissa82
12-10-2009, 09:21 AM
I got some flowers today from a friend. :)

buddhuu
12-10-2009, 09:22 AM
will there be a uke under your tree this year? [...]

LOLz! Not for me this year. Maybe a pair of socks if I'm lucky :D

Maybe next year if stuff works out. :)

Still, ho ho ho, eh? :D

brickerenator
12-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Mainland CMM-CPK :)

wickedwahine11
12-10-2009, 11:47 AM
There are no ukulele related presents for me this year. I pretty much had to promise no more ukes in the house to get the Kamaka last summer.

But some peripherally uke gifts on my way...from my mom an ipu for my hula classes and accompaniment for my ukulele group, and from my spouse what I've wanted for AGES - a curly koa jewelry box. They both let me pick out the exact ones I wanted (which is why I know) but I'm not allowed to take possession of either until Christmas. I'm happy about the ipu, but over the moon about the curly koa jewelry box.:D

Ahnko Honu
12-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Satan's bringing me some well-deserved peace and quiet.

Satan? Santa? Same smell, and almost same spell. :cool:

psesinkclee
12-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm paying for half of my christmas gift this year b/c I've been wanted in acoustic guitar thats quality enough to keep me satisfied while I learn for a while.

Its a Washburn F52SWCE Acoustic Electric with a B-Band pickup with eq. Solid spruce top with solid mahogany back and sides:

http://www.sew4ever.com/images/Washburn/F52SWCE.jpg

dkcrown
12-10-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm not entirely sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion that my uke club leader is buying me a KoAloha Concert Sceptre.

Just a sneaking suspicion. I mean, when I first told her I wanted one, she was interested in having a half-half deal, and she recently helped buy a Luna Ukulele (of which are super gud for their price). Then my friend Sammy (Failey on these boards) recently told me not to spend money on an ukulele this month. When I asked why she said, "just not this month. Trust me"

Sneaking supsicion? Possible KoAloha christmas?!?! You be the judge.

Wow. How do I join your uke club?

RevWill
12-10-2009, 03:59 PM
I get the feeling that all I'm getting for Christmas is tormented by a Krampus with rusty chains.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sjmxrHygBno/SVCt7BHQ9RI/AAAAAAAACK8/DUp3qPuaKdQ/s400/krampus1-799405.jpg

Melissa82
12-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Wow... that is interesting, lol

mds725
12-10-2009, 05:39 PM

In honor of your husband's service in Afghanistan and in honor of the sacrifices that military families have to make by having their loved ones be away from home for the holidays, I'd buy you a (reasonably priced) ukulele for Christmas.

RevWill
12-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Wow... that is interesting, lol

Stephen Colbert had a bit about the Krampus on last night and I thought I'd laugh till I died.

haole
12-10-2009, 06:20 PM
There are no ukulele related presents for me this year. I pretty much had to promise no more ukes in the house to get the Kamaka last summer.

But some peripherally uke gifts on my way...from my mom an ipu for my hula classes and accompaniment for my ukulele group, and from my spouse what I've wanted for AGES - a curly koa jewelry box. They both let me pick out the exact ones I wanted (which is why I know) but I'm not allowed to take possession of either until Christmas. I'm happy about the ipu, but over the moon about the curly koa jewelry box.:D

You should buy a premade neck from Mainland and affix it to the jewelry box. It'll sound fantastic.

Melissa82
12-10-2009, 06:27 PM
In honor of your husband's service in Afghanistan and in honor of the sacrifices that military families have to make by having their loved ones be away from home for the holidays, I'd buy you a (reasonably priced) ukulele for Christmas.Aww, that's sweet. I have a Ohana Ck-25 that does me just well. :)

But one day I will have a tenor and I'm waiting for my Mainland Mango. I think maybe by the summer I can get it. :D Good things are worth waiting for, that is definitely something I'm learning, quickly.

itsme
12-10-2009, 06:49 PM
We don't normally do Christmas gifts, but I was putting together an Amazon order centered around a new mattress pad to go with our new hard-as-all-get-out mattress (after the waterbed sprung a leak and then the air bed we bought drained overnight and we were left laying on boards, we got a new regular mattress).

Hubby wanted a couple CDs, I had a couple that were on my wishlist and a cookbook as well, I decided to forego both of the CDs so I could get the book, and he said just go for it all, he'd buy both CDs and the book for me for Christmas. :)

gnordenstam
12-11-2009, 05:19 AM
Santa is bringing a Kala KA-S and gig bag for my 25 year-old son from MGM. I hope he takes to it. He plays Djembe, Didgeridoo, and a little guitar. He was over the other day and was fooling around with my Lanikai and Flea.
--G

Sambient
12-18-2009, 05:05 AM
Must resist urge to go peek into box that I see in the other room. Must resist urge. Even though I've done enough other snooping to have a pretty good idea what might be in there.

UkuVinny
12-18-2009, 06:19 AM
I'm hoping for a Mainland or a Fluke,
:iwant:
but I know fer sher I'm getting some new recording equipment!

spacecakegirl
12-18-2009, 06:26 AM
My brown-clad santa (UPS) brought me my present yesterday!

Kiwaya KTS-4. Mahogany soprano uke.

It's an upgrade from Guitar Center's cheapest concert uke so....it's a pretty big upgrade! For teachers in Vegas, today is the last day of school so I have two weeks without work to jam out and try to give the uke the kind of player it deserves!

pithaya9
12-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Santa is bringing a 1996 KoAloha Soprano and a Tangi Koa Soprano.

Amnicon
12-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Ohana ck-50g for me.

Cedar and Rosewood....

Beautiful.....:)

shimpiphany
12-18-2009, 02:55 PM
here's my koaloha concert that's on the way...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2778/4195760173_5b60a73489.jpg

pdxuke
12-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Okay, so my daughter at NYU calls home and tells her mother (my bride) that she got the most awesome gift for her boyfriend! A UKE. Little does she know that since the summer, when she was last home, her father (me) has gone uke crazy. Nor have we talked about it. I mean UKE ESP, no?:eek:

And little does she know that she'll have a powder blue Dolphin under the tree from Santa. My 24 year old son gets a black dolphin, and the 18 year old daughter the yum yum yellow one. Bought all three last week from MGM, he 2nd day aired them at no extra charge, and I wrap them tonight.

All of the above will match my pink dolphin. We'll take a picture and post it.;)

pithaya9
12-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Nice Christmas story. Can't wait to see the pics.

Jack

mds725
12-18-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm planning to buy dolphin ukes for my nephews, who are 9 and 4. I'm waiting to hear back from my sister about color choice.